Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_7_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_7_] is offline

Default Is a cheap deep fryer a good idea?

In article om>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article . com>,

> > > Turn on your exhaust fan or fry outdoors.

> > > You very likely already own a small heavy pot you can use to
> > > occasionally deep fry... it's pretty dumb to pay any amount for
> > > something you don't need.

> > Once you have tried a low volume deep fryer, you will never go back to
> > using a pan to "attempt" to deep fry.
> >
> > There is no comparison.
> >
> > Trying to pretend to "deep fry" in a pan is a serious pain in the ass.

> Now you're being really stupid... there is no difference whatsoever
> with deep frying in an ordinary pot on the stove and with one of those
> toys r us fryers, 'cept that even the lowest grade stove will have a
> quicker recovery rate.
>
> Sheldon

Don't knock one until you've tried one dear. :-)

I _have_ tried frying in a pan.

It's a pain in the ass compared to using the Fry Daddy!

If nothing else, it's a helluva lot easier to control the temperature.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.