Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ward Abbott Ward Abbott is offline

Default I Made Them All By Myself!!!!

On 18 Oct 2006 15:37:08 -0700, "merryb" > wrote:

>I've seen this recipe a number of times now, and am planning on making
>it sometime soon. So, how was it? As good as it sounds?

It is an OK cake....but this is marvelous...

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Died-And-Went-To-Heaven Chocolate Cake

cakes, chocolate, desserts

By: Barb Schaller

1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs; beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup hot strong black coffee

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 12 cup bundt pan.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, cocoa, baking
powder,
baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and
vanilla.
Beat 2 minutes with electric mixer until blended. Whisk in hot coffee
and
mix until smooth. Batter will be very thin, almost soupy, so don't be
alarmed! Pour batter into pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until done.

If you like, you can pour over an icing made from:

1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. buttermilk or low-fat milk

Combine ingredients and pour over cooled cake.

Yield: 8 servings

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures
may not be consistent with what you know to be true.

As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!