Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default I Made Them All By Myself!!!!

This is what we had for dinner. I really, truly made them all by
myself. Buttered and toasted the rolls, put on some Provolone cheese,
meat in its broth, and mild pepper rings (the store was out of
pepperoncini). Dipped the sandwiches in the broth. I hesitate to
call it au jus.

Washed it all down with Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate
Cake, sans frosting. This, too, I made all by myself, and baked it in
a 9x13" pan in my very own Easy Bake Oven. You can check my mixer for
cocoa powder residue.

I'm thinking that last sabbatical was a mighty fine idea. I leave you
with two of my favorite recipes.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Italian (Chicago) Beef Sandwiches

Recipe By :Carol Peterson
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef Crockpot
Sandwiches Signature Dishes

1 tablespoon olive oil
5 pounds round roast, trimmed
1 1/2 cups beef broth -- (14.5 oz. can)
7 cloves garlic -- crushed
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes

Heat olive oil in skillet; brown the roast on all sides. Place roast
in large crockpot. Combine broth and remaining ingredients; stir
well. Pour over roast; cook on HIGH for 5 hours or until tender.

Remove roast from crockpot, cover, and refrigerate. Strain broth into
a storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.

Slice chilled meat very thinly and place into crockpot or large
saucepan. Pour strained broth over meat, and cook gently until heated
through.

Serve meat slices, piled high on crusty rolls, with heated broth for
dipping.

Optional: Provolone cheese; giardiniera or peperoncini.

Cuisine:
"American - Midwest"

* Exported from MasterCook *

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

Recipe By :Hershey's
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes/Frostings

2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and
salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium
speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
Pour batter into prepared pans.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool
completely. Frost with "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10
to 12 servings.

VARIATIONS:
ONE-PAN CAKE: Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to
350°F. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool
completely. Frost.

THREE LAYER CAKE: Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans.
Heat oven to 350°F. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35
minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool
completely. Frost.

BUNDT CAKE: Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Heat oven to 350°F.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes;
remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost.

CUPCAKES: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake
cups. Heat oven to 350°F. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to
25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. About 30 cupcakes.

Cuisine:
"American"
Source:
"http://hersheyrecipes.hersheys.com/"

NOTES : The batter is very, very thin. The cake is very, very moist
and delicious.