Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Your favorite cornbread recipe?

Oh pshaw, on Mon 16 Oct 2006 01:51:16a, Felines&Fuzzbutts meant to say...

> I prefer my cornbread to be slightly sweet & nicely moist (GREAT for
> using leftovers in cornbread cush the next morning for breakfast!). I
> have a recipe that I use, but I'll have to dig it up. In NC, I loved
> to make cornbread & serve it with Brummel & Brown spread -- the
> blueberry was delightful -- or honeybutter.

Once in a blue moon I'll add a tablespoon of sugar to the batter, but I
usually like it just a bit salty. If there's leftovers, I either butter the
cut side and put it under the broiler, or crumble it into buttermilk.

> I also make a tasty Mexican cornbread with onions, cheese, jalapenos, &
> creamed corn.

A horse of a different color, and also delicious!

--
Wayne Boatwright

We don't know who discovered water, but we're
pretty sure it wasn't a fish.