Posted to rec.food.preserving
Deb[_4_] Deb[_4_] is offline

Default Steam juicer juice concentration

"Jim" > wrote in message
> I just bought a Mehu-Liisa steam juicer.
>
> I have a question about the juice it creates... Does it have to be

diluted
> or can it usually be used straight?
>
> We have 20-30 lb. of wild cranberries we're juicing today.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim in Maine

It depends; on your tastes, what kind of juice, and how you are using it..

I seal it in jars as it comes out. When I'm using it, I can dilute it or
not.

My last grape juice was pretty strong until diluted. One variety of plum
needed sweetner added. Apple was fine. Raspberry and blackberry diluted
with pear improved both. Actually, pear juice is great to use for both
dilution and sweetning.

The first years are mostly for experimenting. Have fun!

Deb
--
If I ran the world, we'd all face different challenges. ;>