Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Panasonic YD 150 bread machine - HELP! -- "Houston, we've got bread!"

In article .com>,
"kuvasz guy" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> >
> > > I posted this to the baking group, too.
> > >
> > > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > > pressed the red start/stop button?
> > >
> > > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> > >
> > > HELP!!
> > > I await your counsel.
> > > (And by now the warm water isn't warm!)

> > Sonofagun!! I'll take the loaf from the machine in about 25 minutes!!!
> > FlourPowere here and a person on r.f.baking was spot on about a pre-heat
> > or 'rest' cycle. The timer will go off in about 25 minutes and it looks
> > edible. '-)
> >
> > Thanks again.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> > http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> > http://jamlady.eboard.com

> So..... How was it???
>
> And more importantly, which jam did you choose?
>
> ..fred

I like my KA-kneaded bread better, Fred. It's 'tougher' than what I
usually make. The interior is quite moist -- kinda reminds me of Wonder
Bread sponginess. The sides are darker than the top. I've got my
third loaf in the machine right now. :-) I told DH I'd be making at
least one or two loaves a day until the kids get back on Sunday. I'm
going on a trip and will leave bread for him in the freezer. :-)

I think I'll try something other than plain white next, though that's a
good companion for the jam. Speaking of. . . . didn't you know that I
almost never eat jam? I've made 400 jars this year but eat almost none
of it. Usually only the tablespoon or so left from a batch or from
scraping the pan. And then not usually.
Did you look at the pics on my blog site?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 10/12/2006, "Houston,
we've got bread!"
http://jamlady.eboard.com