Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Chicken Thighs: The New Frontier, and a Question

After asking for, and receiving many lovely recipes for chicken thighs, I
studied them all carefully and proceeded to create my own.

What was in my mind was that kind of lovely sweetish, spicy morselly dark
meat we find in some Chinese dishes ... which required a bit of sweetness I
did not see in the other recipes. (I did not realize this is what I wanted
until after I asked for recipes, of course!)

While washing the thighs I removed the skin and then discovered that
deboning required only a couple of cuts with a sharp paring knife. So I
deboned them.

In a rectangular medium-large pyrex baking dish I poured most of a bottle
of dark soy sauce, a splash of cider vinegar, a half cup of sugar, four
large crushed and chopped cloves of garlic, and a generous shake of Goya
adobo seasoning.

I put the thighs in and covered and refrigerated them.

I plan to cook them tomorrow.

I want to slow cook them until the marinade thickens to make a sticky brown
coating, and serve them with broccolli and rice.

Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
then cook them in the marinade?

If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
a fairly low temp?

If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
liquid and cook them that way.

Thanks in advance for any help.