Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Thighs: The New Frontier, and a Question

After asking for, and receiving many lovely recipes for chicken thighs, I
studied them all carefully and proceeded to create my own.

What was in my mind was that kind of lovely sweetish, spicy morselly dark
meat we find in some Chinese dishes ... which required a bit of sweetness I
did not see in the other recipes. (I did not realize this is what I wanted
until after I asked for recipes, of course!)

While washing the thighs I removed the skin and then discovered that
deboning required only a couple of cuts with a sharp paring knife. So I
deboned them.

In a rectangular medium-large pyrex baking dish I poured most of a bottle
of dark soy sauce, a splash of cider vinegar, a half cup of sugar, four
large crushed and chopped cloves of garlic, and a generous shake of Goya
adobo seasoning.

I put the thighs in and covered and refrigerated them.

I plan to cook them tomorrow.

I want to slow cook them until the marinade thickens to make a sticky brown
coating, and serve them with broccolli and rice.

Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
then cook them in the marinade?

If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
a fairly low temp?

If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
liquid and cook them that way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

America's Test Kitchen did a recipe with thighs. It's was chicken
Terriyaki, though more asian than Japanese. In America chicken breasts
are the most expensive items, but in Japan it is the legs.

I think the reason people tell you to boil the marinade is in case you
want to use it to brush on to something you are bbq'ing. As long as
you're cooking at a reasonable temperature for a long time...

On the other hand, something sitting with raw meat, sugar, and water is
bound to be a breeding ground for bacteria.. especially if your fridge
isn't cold enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "cybercat" > said:

> After asking for, and receiving many lovely recipes for chicken thighs, I
> studied them all carefully and proceeded to create my own.

That's great -- you get what you want that way.

> What was in my mind was that kind of lovely sweetish, spicy morselly dark
> meat we find in some Chinese dishes ... which required a bit of sweetness I
> did not see in the other recipes. (I did not realize this is what I wanted
> until after I asked for recipes, of course!)

I have an interesting recipe for Chinese style chicken that
I'll post at the end, in case you're interested sometime. I
haven't tried it yet.

<snip>

> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
> then cook them in the marinade?
>
> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> a fairly low temp?

I think it's the same either way, as long as the chicken is completely
cooked, which is 160 degrees F. IIRC. You should probably check on
that, as I don't trust my memory and am too lazy to get up. ;-)

> If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
> liquid and cook them that way.

Nah, your marinade is fine -- I do this kind of thing all the time.
I love putting chicken in my Japanese style sauce (brown sugar, soy
sauce, dry sherry, garlic, grated ginger, cooking oil) overnight and
letting the flavors get deep into the meat before cooking.

Anyway, since you're keeping everything nice and cold, then cooking
it all, it's okay. What you wouldn't want to do is save the marinade
from the raw chicken and reuse it. Let us know how it comes out, it
sounds like a nice dinner...

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Good point about reusing the marinade a second time.

I know this sounds awful.. but I just had the most wonderful bowl of
Kraft Dinner (with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little
ketchup). lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> I want to slow cook them until the marinade thickens to make a sticky brown
> coating, and serve them with broccolli and rice.
>
> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
> then cook them in the marinade?

Yes it is. The marinade is really no different than the chicken. Cooking
one cooks the other. I suggest you reduce the marinade by boiling.

> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> a fairly low temp?

I have never attempted a recipe close to this. But if I did either
method, I'd leave the lid off. The chicken will be done, done, done way
before the liquid becomes sticky. You'll essentially be boiling the
chicken in the liquid.
You might want to pour the liquid off the marinated chicken and give it
a head start by reducing it substantially by boiling before re-adding it
to the chicken before cooking. By that, I mean until it becomes sort of
thick. No matter what you do, the chicken will cook quite quickly since
you say you've cut it from the bone. You probably have two hours at most
at two fifty fahrenheit if baking. High temperatures will burn the
reduced marinade if you follow what I said to do with it.
Good luck and don't forget the sesame seeds.
This post ought to be cannon fodder. But it's what I'd do.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

cybercat wrote:
> After asking for, and receiving many lovely recipes for chicken thighs, I
> studied them all carefully and proceeded to create my own.
>

> What was in my mind was that kind of lovely sweetish, spicy morselly dark
> meat we find in some Chinese dishes ... which required a bit of sweetness I
> did not see in the other recipes. (I did not realize this is what I wanted
> until after I asked for recipes, of course!)
>
> While washing the thighs I removed the skin and then discovered that
> deboning required only a couple of cuts with a sharp paring knife. So I
> deboned them.
>
> In a rectangular medium-large pyrex baking dish I poured most of a bottle
> of dark soy sauce, a splash of cider vinegar, a half cup of sugar, four
> large crushed and chopped cloves of garlic, and a generous shake of Goya
> adobo seasoning.
>
> I put the thighs in and covered and refrigerated them.
>
> I plan to cook them tomorrow.
>
> I want to slow cook them until the marinade thickens to make a sticky brown
> coating, and serve them with broccolli and rice.
>
> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
> then cook them in the marinade?

You can, but what I would do is either pour off the marinade (or toss
it and make new), cook it separately in a pan to reduce/thicken, and
add it at the last 15 minutes to finish the dish. The problem is you
have a lot of soy which, when reduced gets extremely salty.

> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> a fairly low temp?

Personally, I'd bake them at 300-350 until done and finish with the
sauce later. They are already marinated, so they have the flavor.
Cooking the sauce down and browning it on the chicken will be tasty.

> If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
> liquid and cook them that way.

You can, but you might not want to. I personally don't eat my
marinades (cooked or not) because of Salmonella and other potential
nasties. But I'm pretty anal about food hygiene because DH is very
sensitive.

> Thanks in advance for any help.

FWIW, I use soy sauce sparingly due to the salt factor. One trick to
getting that "Chinese" BBQ/sweet/hot taste is Sriracha sauce. It's
hot, but there is flavor to it that I cannot reproduce any other way.
I also sometimes use pineapple and plum preserves as sweeteners when
cooking chinese. It gives a sweetness with a fruity undertone, which
is common in some types of Chinese cooking.

I just scored an old book on Chinese cooking - over 1000 pages. It has
all sorts of recipes from the simple to the elaborate. I can't wait
to get some time to do some major reading of it...

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
> then cook them in the marinade?
>
> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> a fairly low temp?
>
> If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
> liquid and cook them that way.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

I do chicken this way frequently. I don't see a problem since you will
be keeping everything cold.

The chicken will be cooked a long time before that amount of liquid
reduces. The easiest way to get what you want is to thicken it with
cornstarch at the end. Thats also what makes the shiny finish you see on
Chinese food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> After asking for, and receiving many lovely recipes for chicken thighs, I
> studied them all carefully and proceeded to create my own.

You sound like me... <G>
I nearly always alter recipes to suit my own personal tastes.

> What was in my mind was that kind of lovely sweetish, spicy morselly dark
> meat we find in some Chinese dishes ... which required a bit of sweetness I
> did not see in the other recipes. (I did not realize this is what I wanted
> until after I asked for recipes, of course!)
>
> While washing the thighs I removed the skin and then discovered that
> deboning required only a couple of cuts with a sharp paring knife. So I
> deboned them.

Indeed!
Deboning thighs is easy. Cut into large chunks, they make delectable
kebabs.

Marinate: Chicken thigh meat chunks, shrimp, whole mushrooms and zuke's
cut into 1 inch or larger circles. String onto kebab skewers (optional
other veggies, or fruit chunks), grill over a wood fire. ;-d I
generally use a soy and olive oil marinade with a few spices.

> In a rectangular medium-large pyrex baking dish I poured most of a bottle
> of dark soy sauce, a splash of cider vinegar, a half cup of sugar, four
> large crushed and chopped cloves of garlic, and a generous shake of Goya
> adobo seasoning.
>
> I put the thighs in and covered and refrigerated them.
>
> I plan to cook them tomorrow.
>
> I want to slow cook them until the marinade thickens to make a sticky brown
> coating, and serve them with broccolli and rice.
>
> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
> then cook them in the marinade?

I generally discard marinades that were used for raw chicken... unless
it had alcohol in it. Then I feel safe using it for a cooked sauce.

But that's just me. ;-)

> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> a fairly low temp?

Baking or grilling (or broiling) would give you the carmelized sauce you
are craving better than pot simmering I think?

> If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
> liquid and cook them that way.

Add wine or tequila.
So far, I'm still alive. <G>

> Thanks in advance for any help.

Opinions of the above may differ...
but tequila makes a wonderful addition to marinades.
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George > wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
>

> > Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the
> > fridge
> > then cook them in the marinade?
> >
> > If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> > a fairly low temp?
> >
> > If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
> > liquid and cook them that way.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> >

> I do chicken this way frequently. I don't see a problem since you will
> be keeping everything cold.
>
> The chicken will be cooked a long time before that amount of liquid
> reduces. The easiest way to get what you want is to thicken it with
> cornstarch at the end. Thats also what makes the shiny finish you see on
> Chinese food.

Corn starch or arrowroot thickeners are a godsend........ :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>

>> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the
>> fridge then cook them in the marinade?
>>
>> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex
>> on a fairly low temp?
>>
>> If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add
>> new liquid and cook them that way.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>

> I do chicken this way frequently. I don't see a problem since you will be
> keeping everything cold.
>
> The chicken will be cooked a long time before that amount of liquid
> reduces. The easiest way to get what you want is to thicken it with
> cornstarch at the end. Thats also what makes the shiny finish you see on
> Chinese food.

Super, good to know, George, thank you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote
> You can, but what I would do is either pour off the marinade (or toss
> it and make new), cook it separately in a pan to reduce/thicken, and
> add it at the last 15 minutes to finish the dish. The problem is you
> have a lot of soy which, when reduced gets extremely salty.

Yeah, this makes sense! Plus the vinegar, when reduced, might be
icky with all that salty soy. And I always use enough garlic to keep
a Sumo Vampire at bay!

> Personally, I'd bake them at 300-350 until done and finish with the
> sauce later. They are already marinated, so they have the flavor.
> Cooking the sauce down and browning it on the chicken will be tasty.
>

> FWIW, I use soy sauce sparingly due to the salt factor. One trick to
> getting that "Chinese" BBQ/sweet/hot taste is Sriracha sauce. It's
> hot, but there is flavor to it that I cannot reproduce any other way.

I have never seen this! But Raleigh has so many fru-fru specialty shops,
I know it must be around.

> I also sometimes use pineapple and plum preserves as sweeteners when
> cooking chinese. It gives a sweetness with a fruity undertone, which
> is common in some types of Chinese cooking.

Sounds perfect.

> I just scored an old book on Chinese cooking - over 1000 pages. It has
> all sorts of recipes from the simple to the elaborate. I can't wait
> to get some time to do some major reading of it...

Yum, hope you post some! I have never learned to properly use my
Calphalon wok. And I have had it for eight years!

Thanks for the good advice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> I generally discard marinades that were used for raw chicken... unless
> it had alcohol in it. Then I feel safe using it for a cooked sauce.
>
> But that's just me. ;-)

You know, I think I will. Just to be on the safe side. Plus, as Lyn pointed
out,
I am not sure the marinade will taste good cooked down, and the chicken is
going to be overcooked by the time it is, George's excellent point.

Where do you get arrowroot?

> Baking or grilling (or broiling) would give you the carmelized sauce you
> are craving better than pot simmering I think?

Yes, now that you mention it, this makes sense to me.

> Opinions of the above may differ...
> but tequila makes a wonderful addition to marinades.

Indeed it does, I myself was marinated in straight tequila a few times
in my youth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote

> Nah, your marinade is fine -- I do this kind of thing all the time.
> I love putting chicken in my Japanese style sauce (brown sugar, soy
> sauce, dry sherry, garlic, grated ginger, cooking oil) overnight and
> letting the flavors get deep into the meat before cooking.

Mmmm. I need to get some ginger, I forgot all about that. And the
brown sugars sounds like a good way to get "brown" w/o overdosing
on soy. Excellent.

.. Let us know how it comes out, it
> sounds like a nice dinner...

I will, thank you!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Outcome, was Chicken Thighs: The New Frontier, and a Question

Yay! The chicken is GREAT--it has just the flavor I wanted it to.

I lined a shallow aluminum baking pan with foil, put a
rack on it, and simply removed the thighs from the refrigerated pyrex dish
and put them on the rack. I broiled them on 500 first 15 minutes, about five
inches from the element. Turned them and turne down the broiler to 400,
basted them. I will remove them shortly but I tasted one of the little bits
a minute ago and it has exactly the smoky-sweet spicy flavor I wanted!

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> Yay! The chicken is GREAT--it has just the flavor I wanted it to.
>
> I lined a shallow aluminum baking pan with foil, put a
> rack on it, and simply removed the thighs from the refrigerated pyrex dish
> and put them on the rack. I broiled them on 500 first 15 minutes, about five
> inches from the element. Turned them and turne down the broiler to 400,
> basted them. I will remove them shortly but I tasted one of the little bits
> a minute ago and it has exactly the smoky-sweet spicy flavor I wanted!
>
> Thanks to everyone who helped!

Ok, so where's the jpeg? ;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote:

> Ok, so where's the jpeg? ;-D
> --

hahaha! I am not that brave yet!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Oct 2006 09:34:53 +0200, "cybercat" > wrote:

>"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so where's the jpeg? ;-D
>> --

>hahaha! I am not that brave yet!

CHICKEN!
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On 8 Oct 2006 09:34:53 +0200, "cybercat" > wrote:
>

>>"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, so where's the jpeg? ;-D
>>> --

>>hahaha! I am not that brave yet!
>>

> CHICKEN!
> --

hahahaha!

I had them again today. They are so good! One thing though, I used a
packaged Pad Thai sauce that, while good, was also sweet. The resulting
sweetness was a little too much of the same flavor. Next time, I want to
make my own sauce and make it "not" sweet, and add a bit of heat. Then I
think it will be perfect.

(I sauteed vidalian onion chunks, fresh mushrooms, and broc, added the
chunked marinated chicken, then pre-cooked rice and the sauce in my Wok. My
husband loved it! *EVIL LAUGH*

It took eight years but I have finally weaned him off of his "pill" mama's
"boneless white meat only" gig.

MOOOhahahaha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"cybercat" > wrote:

> <sf> wrote in message ...

> >>hahaha! I am not that brave yet!
> >>

> > CHICKEN!
> > --

> hahahaha!
>
> I had them again today. They are so good! One thing though, I used a
> packaged Pad Thai sauce that, while good, was also sweet. The resulting
> sweetness was a little too much of the same flavor. Next time, I want to
> make my own sauce and make it "not" sweet, and add a bit of heat. Then I
> think it will be perfect.
>
> (I sauteed vidalian onion chunks, fresh mushrooms, and broc, added the
> chunked marinated chicken, then pre-cooked rice and the sauce in my Wok. My
> husband loved it! *EVIL LAUGH*
>
> It took eight years but I have finally weaned him off of his "pill" mama's
> "boneless white meat only" gig.
>
> MOOOhahahaha!

He'll be happier for it. ;-)
And y'all will eat a bit cheaper!
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

cybercat wrote:
> It took eight years but I have finally weaned him off of his "pill" mama's
> "boneless white meat only" gig.
>
> MOOOhahahaha!

Oh, dark meat has so much more flavor. I don't even like light meat
anymore, really.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> "cybercat" > wrote:

> > It took eight years but I have finally weaned him off of his "pill" mama's
> > "boneless white meat only" gig.
> >
> > MOOOhahahaha!

> He'll be happier for it. ;-)
> And y'all will eat a bit cheaper!

The only way my wife will eat thighs is in chicken and dumplings and
chicken and noodles after I strip and rip the skeleton and she can't
find the difference. All my whole chickens are made into those if we are
eating alone. Well, she'll gladly eat fried chicken white meat. One
granddaughter would eat any chicken part even if I rolled it in dirt.
I mentioned gumbo earlier. I can make my wife choke down one meal. I eat
the rest. And I usually use a whole chicken. Lots of gumbo for me for a
week. I cook it rarely.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:

> I know this sounds awful.. but I just had the most wonderful bowl of
> Kraft Dinner (with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little
> ketchup). lol

Nothing wrong with that, I have that once or even twice a week sometimes. I
mix in some hot sauce, garlic, onions, throw in some frozen veg, whatever.
Do it in the microwave, it's good for when you are tired or harried...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow said...

> > wrote:
>
>> I know this sounds awful.. but I just had the most wonderful bowl of
>> Kraft Dinner (with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little
>> ketchup). lol

> Nothing wrong with that, I have that once or even twice a week
> sometimes. I mix in some hot sauce, garlic, onions, throw in some
> frozen veg, whatever. Do it in the microwave, it's good for when you
> are tired or harried...

When did it go from "Kraft Mac & Cheese" to "Kraft Dinner"? And why?? Is
it no longer safe to eat for lunch?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> After asking for, and receiving many lovely recipes for chicken thighs, I
> studied them all carefully and proceeded to create my own.
>

> What was in my mind was that kind of lovely sweetish, spicy morselly dark
> meat we find in some Chinese dishes ... which required a bit of sweetness I
> did not see in the other recipes. (I did not realize this is what I wanted
> until after I asked for recipes, of course!)
>
> While washing the thighs I removed the skin and then discovered that
> deboning required only a couple of cuts with a sharp paring knife. So I
> deboned them.
>
> In a rectangular medium-large pyrex baking dish I poured most of a bottle
> of dark soy sauce, a splash of cider vinegar, a half cup of sugar, four
> large crushed and chopped cloves of garlic, and a generous shake of Goya
> adobo seasoning.
>
> I put the thighs in and covered and refrigerated them.
>
> I plan to cook them tomorrow.
>
> I want to slow cook them until the marinade thickens to make a sticky brown
> coating, and serve them with broccolli and rice.
>
> Question: is it actually safe to marinate them for 12-15 hours in the fridge
> then cook them in the marinade?
>
> If so, should I slow cook them via simmer or just bake them in the pyrex on
> a fairly low temp?
>
> If it is not safe to cook them in the marinade, I can drain is and add new
> liquid and cook them that way.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" > wrote
> The only way my wife will eat thighs is in chicken and dumplings and
> chicken and noodles after I strip and rip the skeleton and she can't
> find the difference. All my whole chickens are made into those if we are
> eating alone. Well, she'll gladly eat fried chicken white meat.

Bet her mother never cooked the dark meat, or never served chicken
on the bone.My husband's mother is .... a pill. She prides herself on
everything being very precise, cleans for a HOBBY, that sort of thing.
She is a terrible cook, too. On top of it, she only served meats and
poultry boneless. Ugh. (She actually stopped cooking in her forties
because "it's so messy." And has the health problems one might
expect from eating processed sh*t all the time. She does still make
a soup that contains nothing but canned ingredients, including canned
carrots, which I had never even heard of. She has lived in her current
house for five years and never used her oven. She gives me the willies.

Anyway, my mama, daughter of Virginia hillbillies and German farmer
immigrants, made chicken and dumplings on the bone, skin included!
The bones added flavor, and we just picked around them so there was
a pile of skin and bones on the plate when we were finished! I have
had this dish without the skin and bones and it may be more convenient
but it is not nearly as good. Or, stuffed pork chops on the bone. If
I serve my husband something like this, good earthy "messy" old
cooking, he will get a look on his face like I am trying to kill him.
And spend a long time carefully excising any bone before he takes
a bite. Happily, she couldn't ruin him completely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> He'll be happier for it. ;-)
> And y'all will eat a bit cheaper!
> --

Yep. I love the consistency of the marinated thighs,
when they are done and added in chunks to a rice dish.

Next I want to serve them with Chinese noodles. Gotta
perfect a sauce for them, though. Something not too sweet
with a bit of heat. Complementary flavors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
> Gregory Morrow said...
>

> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I know this sounds awful.. but I just had the most wonderful bowl of
> >> Kraft Dinner (with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little
> >> ketchup). lol

> > Nothing wrong with that, I have that once or even twice a week
> > sometimes. I mix in some hot sauce, garlic, onions, throw in some
> > frozen veg, whatever. Do it in the microwave, it's good for when you
> > are tired or harried...

> When did it go from "Kraft Mac & Cheese" to "Kraft Dinner"? And why?? Is
> it no longer safe to eat for lunch?

I think it's always been called "Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner":

http://www.kraft.com/100/innovations/kraftmac.html

But I mostly remember my mother making it for lunch, with
cut up hot dog chunks. I still like it that way, but Miguel
thinks it's gross. Poor guy was deprived as a kid... ;-)

--
"Little Malice" is Jani in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:30:08 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>I serve my husband something like this, good earthy "messy" old
>cooking, he will get a look on his face like I am trying to kill him.
>And spend a long time carefully excising any bone before he takes
>a bite.

I'm kinda in his camp. I don't mind cooking with bones, I just don't
want them on my plate.
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-09, cybercat > wrote:

> everything being very precise, cleans for a HOBBY, that sort of thing.

> house for five years and never used her oven. She gives me the willies.

ROFL!!....

I've met those types. Whatta hoot. I knew one lady that would clean
guests ashtrays between ash flicks. Unnerving.

> a bite. Happily, she couldn't ruin him completely.

So you're saying there is one thing he won't remove the bone from?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-10-09, cybercat > wrote:

> Yep. I love the consistency of the marinated thighs,

Geez, cyber, your making for some hard reading, here.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:12:21 GMT, unge (Little
Malice) wrote:

>I think it's always been called "Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner":

http://www.kraft.com/100/innovations/kraftmac.html

They have a picture of the regular macaroni and cheese box there too.
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 06:12:51 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>When did it go from "Kraft Mac & Cheese" to "Kraft Dinner"? And why?? Is
>it no longer safe to eat for lunch?

I think I've seen both on the shelves although this article says
differently... http://www.answers.com/topic/kraft-dinner
--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:

> One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:
> > Gregory Morrow said...

> > > Nothing wrong with that, I have that once or even twice a week
> > > sometimes. I mix in some hot sauce, garlic, onions, throw in some
> > > frozen veg, whatever. Do it in the microwave, it's good for when you
> > > are tired or harried...

> > When did it go from "Kraft Mac & Cheese" to "Kraft Dinner"? And why?? Is
> > it no longer safe to eat for lunch?

> I think it's always been called "Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner":
>
> http://www.kraft.com/100/innovations/kraftmac.html
>
> But I mostly remember my mother making it for lunch, with
> cut up hot dog chunks. I still like it that way, but Miguel
> thinks it's gross. Poor guy was deprived as a kid... ;-)

"Kraft Dinner" is the name for Kraft Mac 'n Cheese in Canada...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article . net>,
> "Gregory Morrow"
> <gregorymorrowBEYONDTHEVALLEYOFTHELOAFHEADS@earthl ink.net> wrote:
>
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

little

> > > You forgot the cut up hotdogs... <lol>

> > Hmmm....now ya got me thinkin'...some homemade "gourment" mac 'n cheese

with
> > some good cut - up wursts or kielbasa would make a mighty nice 'n easy

one -
> > dish meal for company. Have sauerkraut or red cabbage as a side...
> >
> > It's going to get cold here in Chicawgo (snow maybe even!) this week, I

am
> > definitely in a "comfort food" mode...

> I prefer Boars Head brand... when I can get it. :-)
> Best franks there are imho!

My local soopermart (Treasure Island) now carries the entire Boar's Head
line, it's what they feature in their deli.. The franks are usually on
sale, next time I go I'll pick up a couple pounds...

> I don't think I'd serve kraut on the side tho'. Franks, braut's or even
> Italian sausage go well with either one and is a "stand alone" dish!
>
> Maybe some steamed mixed FF veggies?

"FF" = "Full - Featured"...???

--
Best