PENMART01

Default Grilling Salmon

> "windriverfamily" fifth wheels:
>
>>"Z GIRL" wrote:
>>
>> I am grilling Salmon for company Saturday. I am looking for grilling time
>> ( Salmon is 2.75 lb whole filet.) And I need a tasty way to season it but
>> not Cajun or blackened.
>>

>*Marinate the salmon for 30-60 mins in a mix of tamari (soy) sauce and water
>to cover. I usually make it 50:50 but it'll depend on the saltiness of the
>tamari. If something like kikoman (sp?) I'd use more.
>*mix 1/2 cup of mayo with the juice of one lemon and 1.5 tsps of Lawry's
>seasoning salt if you have it handy.
>* Take the salmon out of the marinade and place on large piece of aluminum
>foil, skin side down. You want the foil to be large enough to wrap around
>the fish.
>* Spread the mayo/lemon/salt sauce evenly on the top of the salmon filet,
>topping that with thin slices of lemon. Wrap all with foil, and place on
>hot grill or in 350 deg oven.

Wrapping with aluminum foil, especially with acetics (lemon) and salt, is one
of the best ways to ruin the delicate flavor of a good piece of fish. Cook
fish in something non-reactive (there's good reason fish poachers are made of
stainless steel); grill in parchment, or better yet banana leaves (readily
available at many ethnic markets).

Cooking in aluminum foil is indicative of redneck trailer trash coozine.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon