windriverfamily

Default Grilling Salmon

"Z GIRL" > wrote in message
> I am grilling Salmon for company Saturday. I am looking for grilling time
> ( Salmon is 2.75 lb whole filet.) And I need a tasty way to season it but
> not Cajun or blackened.
>

> Thanks,
> Barbara

Barbara, our family doesn't like "fishy" tasting fish, so I make salmon
this simple way:
*Marinate the salmon for 30-60 mins in a mix of tamari (soy) sauce and water
to cover. I usually make it 50:50 but it'll depend on the saltiness of the
tamari. If something like kikoman (sp?) I'd use more.
*mix 1/2 cup of mayo with the juice of one lemon and 1.5 tsps of Lawry's
seasoning salt if you have it handy.
* Take the salmon out of the marinade and place on large piece of aluminum
foil, skin side down. You want the foil to be large enough to wrap around
the fish.
* Spread the mayo/lemon/salt sauce evenly on the top of the salmon filet,
topping that with thin slices of lemon. Wrap all with foil, and place on
hot grill or in 350 deg oven.
* Cook until salmon flakes. If done on a grill, this could be as little as
15 mins depending on the thickness of the salmon. When nearly done, I open
the salmon packet so the top gets browned. Note: I rarely do this step
when using the oven- the kitchen will smell fishy.
* Take the salmon from the fire, open the packet and remove the filet from
its skin.. The skin should stick to the foil.
* I serve this with Basmati rice and a good salad. Yum!

skg