Default Grilling Salmon

In rec.food.cooking, Z GIRL > wrote:
> I am grilling Salmon for company Saturday. I am looking for grilling time

Use a hot fire. Grill it until the meat side has a nice, golden brown
crust. Then flip it over onto the skin side, and move it over tho the
cool side of the grill until it is at your desired doneness. Do not
overcook.

> ( Salmon is 2.75 lb whole filet.)

The weight is irrelevant. The thickness is what matters when you are
grilling.

> And I need a tasty way to season it but
> not Cajun or blackened.

Use a good quality bottled Italian Dressing. Slather it on about 15 or
20 minutes prior to grilling. Don't allow it to drip into the flame,
however, unless you like the taste of burnt oil.

If you don't like that idea, rub it lightly with oil, then use some sea
salt and black pepper. If you want something pseudo-fancy, brush it with
orange juice concentrate when you take it off the grill.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who