Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default corn for corn soup

salgud wrote:
> I made Mexican Corn Soup [snip]

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use for the corn? [snip]
>
> Does anyone know if some of the premium brands of frozen corn would
> chop up fine enough in my blender? Does anyone have any experience with
> this kind of thing?

If it were me, I'd try out some canned corn. Trader Joe's brand is
quite good, every bit as tasty as frozen, imho. Green Giant niblets
used to be quite good, too, though I haven't had it since discovering
TJ's. I would guess that canned is cheaper than frozen, though I don't
actually know.

Then again, if it were me trying out a soup I might throw in a can of
creamed corn as well. -aem