Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_1_] Lou Decruss[_1_] is offline

Default Seems to me we could be eating healthier

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:41:43 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>> That's funny. The OT queen making up rules.
>>
>> Lou

>Just occurred to me I haven't posted anything OT in a month.

That's pretty cool. Did you have to attend meetings for that? Do you
get a coin like other 12 step programs?

>Maybe it's time I start again, eh?

I'm just a nobody here so my opinion doesn't count, but I'd rather you
posted ON topic. You're obviously a competent cook and can add
something of value here. Post whatever you want, but your food posts
are better.

>But seriously, with all the discussion that goes
>on in rfc about fast food vs. you can make it tastier, cheaper, healthier at
>home, I think we already know this. Posting an article about it (and this
>article is about healthcare) on this ng isn't going to open anyone's eyes
>nor change anything.

Who is we? There are new people who stumble in here everyday. Some
are college kids just learning. The article might have new information
for them. By you're own statement the articles were ON topic. Just
because you don't want to talk about it, or it bores you, it seems you
turn people away. You did something similar to "aem" in regards to
the guilt of Jeff Smith. (or whatever his name is) Maybe you should
tell Victor that he shouldn't post the FAQ anymore because "we" have
seen it before. Or maybe "we" should never discuss stone soup anymore
for the 1375th time. That way no newbies will invade this space and
it will die without lifeblood.

Speaking of stone soup,,,,,anyone who likes the tale can to
alt.binaries.pictures.clip-art and get about 20 cute pictures. It's
not my gig but I'm sure they could be framed and be cute in the right
kitchen. I only looked at a few but kids might like them.

> And FWIW, I don't find "organic" food to be any better
>than other food but it sure does cost more. Go figure.

Let's not talk about that in this thread ok? <wink-wink>