Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: '00 Bourgogne, '95 CdP

Mark, importer is W.Wg. Best Weinkellerei in San Diego.

Emery, I have found some reputable '95s too ripe for my tastes, and
often one-dimensional. No real big boys- things like Chapoutier Le
Bernardine. I'm not totally down on the vintage. But John Gilman had an
interesting article in a "View From the Cellar" about Southern Rhones,
where he kind of pegged '95 as the year he felt things went the wrong
way ("Parkerization", though he didn't use the term) in the Southern
Rhone . Lots of makers going for riper picking and concentrating a bit
much on the luxury cuvees. I'm a bit more tolerant than John of
modernistic tendencies, but I do take seriously his doubts re many post
1990-CdPs having the longevity of earlier wines from the appellation.
There's nobody who I know who writes with more knowledge than Gilman
(disclaimer, I have dinner/wines with John once a month or so).