Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default An appeal for a cherry marmalade recipe

In article >,
(TammyM) wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 07:58:54 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> > wrote:
>

> >"TammyM" > wrote in message

> >> Me too! She makes me PAY for mine.

Want cheese with that? Manchego? Brie? GOAT?

> >> Well, unless I'm visiting, and
> >> then she does give me corn relish, and cherry chipotle relish, and
> >> crabapple jam. Bet she makes me pay for a jar of the grape jelly she
> >> made from grapes I HELPED HER GATHER!!!!! Wicked woman...

Yeah, but didn't we have a blast?!

> >> TammyM

> >Corn relish? Crabapple Jam? What the heck Tammy! I had my hopes on Dirt
> >Jelly! I had to pay a fortune to get a shipment from Gedney's of some
> >favorites. My friend and I will have to reorder but nothing to do with the
> >Preserving Queen; we both are now addicted to Gendney's hot dog sauce. We
> >feel vulnerable.

Which product exactly is that, Charlie? The yellow mustard relish?

> >As we haven't talked for a while, let me send you my love. I'll email you
> >eventually!

> Any time, Liam! Have you tried her Cherry Preserves? Fab. Order
> some from Gedney's next time.
>
> And Barb was right, it wasn't crabapple jam, but crabapple jelly. Not
> my fave of her stuff. Prob because I'm far more into jammies than
> jellies :-) I can't wait for the grape jelly though! I helped pick
> the grapes!!
>
> TammyM, we didn't do the Lucy and Ethel grape stomping thing though

Three jars (one 8-oz, two 4- oz) in today's outbound parcel post. For
you or gifts, Maybe in a meatball appetizer with some chili sauce. "-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller