Curt Nelson

Default French Steel pans vs. the Expensive Pans

> Why do people buy $100 pans when a french steel pan costs $12? I am
assuming
> restaurants use these over the expensive cuisinart/lagostina and all-clad?
>
> Having used both, I think the steel pans are superior and I haven't used

the
> lagostina pans ever since. I am sure this all comes down to personal
> preference and aesthetics but I wonder what you chefs out there prefer and
> why?

I can't help but to comment that, after watching the "Great Chefs" cooking
shows for years, I find it interesting that practically every hotshot chef
I've ever seen uses really cheap pans. I can only recall a couple ever using
expensive Calphalon-like cookware or even Teflon, for that matter.

Hasta,
Curt Nelson