Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default An appeal for a cherry marmalade recipe

Margaret Suran wrote on 15 Sep 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article . net>,
> > Margaret Suran > wrote:
> >

> >>Mr Libido Incognito wrote:

> >>Mr L. I., you are so funny. I do not have to compliment her if I

want
> >>more of her delicious jams and jellies, I BUY them from her when I
> >>need some more. Sure, at times I have to wait until she makes more,
> >>but the wait is worth the while. )

> > Thanks a lot. Now you've made me out to look like a piker who's

never
> > GIVEN you any. I cry for crushed heart. Maggie.

> Proper decorum dictates that you do not tell others about a gift you
> received, if you are not certain that the others received the same
> present from that donor.
>
> Thus, knowing how foolish the young are, I tried to protect you. What
> do you think would have happened if I would have told Mr. L. I. that I
> do not have to compliment you, that you will send me all the free jams
> and jellies and butters and preserves, if I ask you to do so?
>
> This is not so, of course. While I get an occasional generous gift of
> your jams and jellies, I do not ask for more. I might hint, but that
> is another story. It is much more convenient to find out whether
> there are some extra jars available and buy them. They have become my
> hostess gift of choice. When Terry and Sue and Stan and a couple more
> came here for lunch, each one got a goodie bag with a jar of your
> jam. When Terry posted here about the lunch, she referred to it as
> the highlight of the lunch, or something similar. )
>
> Therefore, imagine if I would have said that you give me all the jams
> and jellies I want. What would your other friends have thought? "Why
> Margaret and not I", that's what. They would have been sad. You
> would have had to send jars to each and every one of them, in order to
> cheer them up. I have reason to believe that your crushed heart is
> smoothing out and your tears are drying up.

Good comeback Maggie! Make her feel the guilt...I see jam in your future.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan