Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] jack@schmidling.com is offline

Default Pumpkins in Africa

Puester wrote:

> Aren't they fun? I have read them all and at first found it hard to
> believe the author was male. He captured the emotions of the female
> characters so perfectly.

It really is nutty but you should listen to the recorded books version.
The narrator being a lady just reinforces the idea that the author has
to be one.

>I found out that the "bush tea" that the ladies
> drink is available in the U.S. It is herbal, called "rooibos" tea and
> in my experience it is pretty awful. I bought a package at a local
> health food store where there was a choice of three or four brands of
> the same herb. There's no accounting for tastes!

I think you got the wrong stuff. You want Honey Bush Tea and my wife
purchased some from Stash tea and it is very pleasant. But as it has
no caffein, I see no point in drinking it but she likes it.

Anyway, I am still trolling for info on the pumpkins. In one of the
books it says specifically that it was yellow or orange so that
eliminates the green ones.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
http://schmidling.com