Posted to rec.food.equipment
Will[_1_] Will[_1_] is offline

Default Roaster for 10-15 people

> I disagree on the wire rack, I've never pulled a bird off of a wire rack
> without having some of the crispy skin stick and burn to the rack...

>You can also slap that bird down on a vegetable
> rack of carrots, celery, fennel, potatoes, onions, salt pepper and olive oil
> lightly then eat the vegetable wire rack.

To your point, you can set a few carrots or celery sticks (potato skins
are best!) across the rack <g>, as well, so I haven't had the problem
with sticking, though I've seen it plenty of times. You can truss the
bird well and shift a bit of flour across the bottom. That helps too.
Folks tend to baste with salted butter and that sticks. Salt on
anything does not release well.

I'm not keen on the can thing. Too much steam in the cavity.

Then there is the fact that Rachel Ray does it...