Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default dirty rice

Oh pshaw, on Sun 27 Aug 2006 05:05:44a, Joe Cilinceon meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> Happy for you! I absolutely love chicken livers, but not dirty rice.
>> Go figger.

> The funny thing is I one of those that think there isn't enough onions on
> the planet to make liver, any liver eatable. With that said I love dirty
> rice and boudin (made with pork shoulder & pork liver). It has never made
> sense to me at all, how I can love those and gage on liver by itself.

I don't really like liver altogether by itself. It must have onion, at
least, and depending on the preparation, other seasonings. I love chopped
liver and chopped chicken livers, liver (calve's or pork) and onions with
bacon, liver pate' of various ilk, and something that my family used to
make called "liver pudding" (like a coarse pate') which was made of pork
liver and pork shoulder, and seasoned with onion and sage. Another dish I
like is sauteed chicken livers with onions, peppers, and fresh tomatoes.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Terraform Mars? Why not terraform the Earth?