Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy) modom (palindrome guy) is offline

Default dirty rice

Yup. Dirty rice. As a man who was born in Baton Rouge and raised by
natives of South Louisiana, I am a major fan of rice in almost any
form. And dirty rice is the very definition of comfort food in
modom's dictionary.

However, I am married to a woman who adheres (somewhat) to South Beach
and who does not like chicken livers at all. Therefore, I eat dirty
rice about as often as George Bush changes his mind. Seldom is an
overstatement of the frequency that dirty rice gets served here.

BUT as I type this note, D is in the kitchen with a passel of chicken
livers, rice, onions, a 33-year-old copy of River Roads cookbook, etc.
making a big ole pan of dirty rice just for me! She's listening to
Ray Wylie Hubbard's latest CD and frying up chicken livers in a pan.
For me.

It must be true love.
--
modom

"Southern barbecue is a proud thoroughbred whose bloodlines are easily traced.
Texas Barbecue is a feisty mutt with a whole lot of crazy relatives."

--Robb Walsh, Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook