Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default high school cafeteria burgers

The Space Boss wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>> Oh, I take that back... when I was seven I wanted to try the tacos
>> at the cafeteria. But I don't like raw veggies and I couldn't get
>> the tacos without shredded lettuce piled on them. The teacher
>> wouldn't let me leave the table without eating the tacos, which of
>> course (stubborn me) I refused to do because I truly hate lettuce.
>> She threatened to call my mother. Oh, good, you do that! She
>> called my mother who said, "She doesn't like lettuce; let her go to
>> class. What's your problem?" LOL
>>
>> I hate it when people try to force kids to eat things they don't
>> like. It was no skin off that woman's nose if I ate the tacos or
>> not.
>>
>> Jill

> She was picking on you and using her authority for her own perverse
> satisfaction. You should track this woman down and confront her with
> it. So what if 30 years has passed, confront her.

Like I would remember her name after all those years. I don't think I knew
her name way back then! I do know I attended Olive Elementary School, Vista
California. Huh. I do have my report card. Think I can really track her
down? LOL Sorry, I'm not that upset about it. It was just a report card.
after all

I have a really good memory of a kindergarten teacher in New Jersey. Her
husband built some nice kid-size furniture. Then there was the time when I
lived in Virginia... a Navy Doctor built a big play house out back behind
their house. Oh, and he had a billiards table in the basement and also
whatchacallem.... pinball machines.

Jill