Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default Chinese Food Delivery

"Skyhooks" > wrote in message
> Julia Altshuler wrote:
> >
> > Old Mother Ashby wrote:
> >
> > > What a trusting soul you are! Has it not occurred to you that this

might
> > > be sabotage arising out of a commercial dispute? I would hazard a

guess
> > > that independent delivery service were obviously not being paid for
> > > their services...

> > That was my first thought too. I must be the suspicious sort. I have
> > no proof, but what a way to take a stab at someone you don't like.
> > Either party could be the victim here. Maybe the restaurant stopped
> > using the delivery service for a legitamate reason, and the delivery
> > service got angry. Maybe the delivery service got angry with the
> > restaurant because the restaurant didn't pay, or didn't pay enough.
> > Anything is possible.
> >
> > You (Jill) wouldn't happen to be curious enough to drive to the
> > restaurant, check things out and report back to us, would you? Hint.
> > Hint. Now you've gotten me curious.
> >
> > --Lia

> I'm of the other mind. I almost don't doubt there may/might have been a
> problem with the sanitation (or lack thereof) at said restaurant. Many
> years ago, I worked a short while for a county health department, part
> of which inspected hundreds of restaurants. Until that time, I was
> blissfully and naively unaware of how truly unsanitary some restaurants
> are, and in my own experience, a few oriental restaurants were the worst
> offenders! I even refused to go to certain restaurants because of my
> "inside" knowledge of their inspections.
>
> Sky, who rarely dines at oriental restaurants
>
> P.S. Anyone can request to see a restaurant's inspection results from
> appropriate governing bodies since they're considered a matter of public
> record.
>
> Sky

There 'used to be' a chinese restaurant in Allentown that was shut down
because the sewer pipes burst and the cooks were standing ankle deep in doo
and thought nothing of it when the health inspector stopped by. Needless to
say, they are a 'used to be'.....facility taken over by a tittybar which has
just closed down - maybe the doo came back and doo dipped boobies don't
bring in the clientele.
-ginny