Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S[_1_] Alan S[_1_] is offline

Default Why You Should Get A Personal Chef

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:45:53 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message
>
>> What do stirfries have to do with soy allergies? Use a different homemade
>> sauce...say a tomato or orange juice based sauce. There are other sauce
>> possibilities other than using soy based sauces.

>All of the stirfry recipes I've ever seen have soy sauce in them. No matter
>though because as I said, nobody here likes stir fries. My daughter will
>eat most vegetables raw, some vegetables cooked to death and no vegetables
>stir fried. Nor do I, nor does my husband.
>>
>> Example: google up a version of a cranberry based sweet and sour
>> sauce...convert it to splenda. Ingredients...cranberry juice, vinegar,
>> splenda, corn starch and maybe sherry. Or mix some frozen oj concentrate
>> with some sherry, water and corn starch optional use of a hot sauce. Same
>> goes with frozen lime-ade or pineapple juice...yes there might be some
>> added sugar involved, but not a lot. There are valid other sauces for
>> stir fries...who says they have to be asian based sauces?

>Well, none of that sounds even remotely appealing. And since stir frying is
>an Asian technique I can't imagine any other kind of sauce on it. But as I
>said above, no matter since nobody in this house would eat that stuff.
>Saucy stuff doesn't go over well here either.

Hi Julie

You seem to have a very limited Asian cook-book. Sauces I've
used in my own stir-fries include:
Hoi-Sin
Sweet & sour (my own version with or without soy- see my
chili crab recipe)
Satay (both the Chinese type and the Indonesian type)
and various concoctions of vinegar, ginger, garlic, herbs,
spices and curry variations.
There are many other commercial non-soy Asiahn sauces.
I do use soy at times, both separately or as an ingredient
with others, but not in all cases.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 500mg