Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Why You Should Get A Personal Chef

Personal chef services help families get back to the table and everyone
get back their evenings! The food can be prepared in your home under
your supervision or if you prefer while you are away during the day.
http://www.indulgencebynatasha.com

Your Personal Chef plans your menus, shops for the groceries, and
prepares dishes for the evening meals. Your dinners are custom prepared
for you and your family based on your choices! This means if you're
on a special diet we can accommodate you. Are your kids finicky eaters?
We have menu suggestions for them too! Enjoy fine dining? We are highly
experienced and superbly skilled!

"Americans spend about 30 minutes preparing dinner every day, down from
two and a half hours in the 1960's..." - New York Times This means most
Americans who cook are not eating delicious meals. In much less time
than this, each day you could heat the gourmet meals made by your chef
and have a succulent and wholesome feast.

The benefits of this type of service are many. You get to enjoy
mouthwatering, nutritious custom-prepared meals in the comfort of your
own home. You save hours each week since you don't have to worry about
the planning, preparing, shopping or clean up, and you get time back
for what you hold most important.

Reclaim your evenings; hire us as your personal chef today! Contact us
today for a free consultation.: http://www.indulgencebynatasha.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher" > wrote in message
ups.com...

<spam and other sutff snipped>

> "Americans spend about 30 minutes preparing dinner every day, down from
> two and a half hours in the 1960's..." - New York Times This means most
> Americans who cook are not eating delicious meals. In much less time
> than this, each day you could heat the gourmet meals made by your chef
> and have a succulent and wholesome feast.

30 minutes? What in the flip can you prepare in 30 minutes? I can't.
Unless perhaps it's a salad. I don't need a chef. I actually like to cook
and I have the time to do it. Now go away and take the rest of your spam
with you.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default [SPAM] Why You Should Get A Personal Chef

Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher > wrote:
|| Personal chef services help families get back to the table
|| and everyone get back their evenings! The food can be
|| prepared in your home under your supervision or if you prefer
|| while you are away during the day.
|| http://www.endulgencebynatasha.com

Oh great, Fried spam. For those interested SPAM is lo-carb.
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody
endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." -- Frederic
Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

BJ in Texas wrote:

> Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher > wrote:
> || Personal chef services help families get back to the table
> || and everyone get back their evenings! The food can be
> || prepared in your home under your supervision or if you prefer
> || while you are away during the day.
> || http://www.endulgencebynatasha.com
>
> Oh great, Fried spam. For those interested SPAM is lo-carb.

My DM DH already has a personal chef. Me!
I'm so lucky to be able to show my love for him by making his meals
enjoyable.

Janet
--
-----------
Janet Wilder
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in

<snip>

> 30 minutes? What in the flip can you prepare in 30 minutes? I
> can't. Unless perhaps it's a salad. I don't need a chef. I
> actually like to cook and I have the time to do it.

I'd *love* to have a personal chef! I'm tired of cooking and never
know what to fix and when I do cook it never tastes very good to me.
Other people's cooking always tastes better!

And it seems like I spend so much time cooking and we're done eating in
a fraction of the time that it took to cook!

And if I had a personal chef who was knowledgeable about healthy
cooking for diabetics, I probably could lose weight! Didn't Oprah have
a personal chef cooking for her?

As it is, hubby fixes breakfast, I graze for lunch and we usually go
out to eat for dinner. A personal chef might be just as reasonably
priced as eating out every night!

Sherry

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

>>30 minutes? What in the flip can you prepare in 30 minutes? I
>>can't. Unless perhaps it's a salad. I don't need a chef. I
>>actually like to cook and I have the time to do it.

> I'd *love* to have a personal chef! I'm tired of cooking and never
> know what to fix and when I do cook it never tastes very good to me.
> Other people's cooking always tastes better!
>
> And it seems like I spend so much time cooking and we're done eating in
> a fraction of the time that it took to cook!
>
> And if I had a personal chef who was knowledgeable about healthy
> cooking for diabetics, I probably could lose weight! Didn't Oprah have
> a personal chef cooking for her?

Doesn't Oprah have a bazillion dollars, and can afford a personal chef?

--
I'm glad my Mom named me Aaron,
That's what everybody calls me.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Sherry wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
>
> <snip>
>>
>> 30 minutes? What in the flip can you prepare in 30
>> minutes? I can't. Unless perhaps it's a salad. I don't
>> need a chef. I actually like to cook and I have the
>> time to do it.
>>

> I'd *love* to have a personal chef! I'm tired of cooking
> and never know what to fix and when I do cook it never
> tastes very good to me. Other people's cooking always
> tastes better!
>
> And it seems like I spend so much time cooking and we're
> done eating in a fraction of the time that it took to
> cook!
>
> And if I had a personal chef who was knowledgeable about
> healthy cooking for diabetics, I probably could lose
> weight! Didn't Oprah have a personal chef cooking for
> her?
>
> As it is, hubby fixes breakfast, I graze for lunch and we
> usually go out to eat for dinner. A personal chef might
> be just as reasonably priced as eating out every night!
>
> Sherry

A personal chef service (PCS) isn't for everyone. But for those who don't
care to cook, it can be an alternative to frequent restaurant meals. There
are a few basic variations of PCS:

1. The chef comes to your home having shopped and prepped everything. They
use your kitchen to prepare the meal, serve it, and clean up. (Very personal
but quite expensive)

2. The chef prepares meals in their kitchen from menus you have planned and
delivers the food to your kitchen ready to serve. You serve it and clean up.
(Personalized and quite convenient. Moderately expensive)

3. The chef prepares dishes in their kitchen from a series of menus you
select. The food is delivered in an heat-n-eat form. You do the final prep,
serve, and clean up. (You get better food than take out or delivery and have
some input on menu and recipe. About the same cost at moderately priced
restaurant meals) These services often have a nutritionist that consults
periodically with the clients as well as the chef.

4. Clients come to the chef's kitchen where they are guided through the
preparation of several dishes which they take home to fix at a future date.
You invest the time to chop, mix, stir, and package. You then heat, serve
and clean up at home. (You have control over the ingredients, learn cooking
techniques from the chef, and select the meals from a menu of dishes. Less
expensive than restaurant meals and you can learn to cook. This can be a fun
social event as well.)

You can often find recreational cooking classes presented in your community
as well. Here in Houston they are found in grocery and gourmet stores,
community/senior centers, restaurants, and chef's homes) The usual format
is a two hour demonstration class where the chef prepares a multi-course
meal while sharing the recipe and techniques. The food is served to the
group as the class progresses. (You can pick and choose what classes you
attend. There's not a lot of personalization of the menus. They can be a lot
of fun. Costs between $25 and $75 per person for each class)

I'm currently discussing doing a series of diabetic cooking classes (demo
format) with the leaders of a local DM support group sponsored by a local
hospital. If it gets off the should it should be a fun project.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Pete Romfh" > wrote in
:

<snip>

> A personal chef service (PCS) isn't for everyone. But for those who
> don't care to cook, it can be an alternative to frequent restaurant
> meals. There are a few basic variations of PCS:
>
> 1. The chef comes to your home having shopped and prepped
> everything.
>
> 2. The chef prepares meals in their kitchen from menus you have
> planned and delivers the food to your kitchen ready to serve.
>
> 3. The chef prepares dishes in their kitchen from a series of menus
> you select.
>
> 4. Clients come to the chef's kitchen where they are guided through
> the preparation of several dishes which they take home to fix at a
> future date.
>
> You can often find recreational cooking classes presented in your
> community as well.
>
> I'm currently discussing doing a series of diabetic cooking classes
> (demo format) with the leaders of a local DM support group sponsored
> by a local hospital. If it gets off the should it should be a fun
> project.

Thanks for the listing of types of "personal chefs". My daughter-in-
law has been going to one of those places where you fix your own meals
and take them home to cook. I've looked at them myself and they're too
carb heavy for me! I didn't see any low-carb options and you're pretty
much stuck with what their menu offering is for the week (there have
been weeks she's skipped because she didn't like what they offered).
Of course, you're spending a couple of hours a week there putting
everything together and then cooking it when you get home (plus the
need for storage space in the freezer, which I don't have). The *big*
advantage is no shopping and no clean-up.

I remember years ago there were "diabetic" restaurants where we lived
that served healthy lower fat and well balanced meals. Funny they
didn't last - the food wasn't really that appetizing! They tasted pre-
prepared!

Sherry
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: Julie Bove wrote:
: > "Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher" >
: wrote in
: > message
: ups.com...
: >
: > <spam and other sutff snipped>
: >>
: >
: >> "Americans spend about 30 minutes preparing dinner every
: day, down
: >> from two and a half hours in the 1960's..." - New York
: Times This
: >> means most Americans who cook are not eating delicious
: meals. In
: >> much less time than this, each day you could heat the
: gourmet meals
: >> made by your chef and have a succulent and wholesome
: feast.
: >
: > 30 minutes? What in the flip can you prepare in 30
: minutes? I can't.
: > Unless perhaps it's a salad. I don't need a chef. I
: actually like
: > to cook and I have the time to do it. Now go away and
: take the rest
: > of your spam with you.

: Apart from the spam... I do dinner most nights in 30 mins
: or less. We mostly eat veggies and plain meats of some kind,
: grilled. A roast obviously takes longer. Stir fry is very
: quick. I cooked stir fry last night in the time it took the
: rice for the kids to cook. Spagetti bol type meals are a tad
: longer but all done in less than an hour.

Jan,

I'm with you on this. I often get dinner prepared in 30 minutes. How
lond does it take to cook , groil, grill, microwave a piece of fish,
sicrowave some fresh vegetables and throw together a nice salad? We eat
well as I have, over hte years, developed the skills to season food well
and prepare it.

This does not meat that I never make longer cooking dishes like stews,
roast, oven roasated or baked poultry(I really prefer bone-in ibirds to
the little breasts, or home made soups. I do much of that kind of cooking
in the winter, certainly not in th eheat we are currently having:-) adn
may spend some hours(at least the stove does) preparing something we can
eat for several days.

Last night we had gazpacho, which I make in large quantities, grilled
eggplant slices and portobello mushrooms, seasoned with pepper, garlic and
wiped with oil to which I added some grated cheese when they were don and
let them sit next to the grill for a few minutes. This , with a lafge
salad with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, olives with a citrus vinegrette and
a small piece of canteloupe with 6 cherries for dessert, was a lovely
dinner Tonight we will have tiapia fillets microwaved with sliced peppers
and onions and salsa, a green vegetables and salad and much the same
dessert as well as gazpacho. Both these meals are fast, easy and
delicious.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I don't see offering my services to people who love food as spam!
These are meals I prepare fresh in the home for people who do not have
the time to cook anymore. I take time and prepare gourmet meals.

I wasn't familiar, obviously, with the terms of "spamming" or I
wouldn't have placed my info on here. I've never used Groups before
I just thought many people here who love gourmet food might be
interested in a chef. My mistake. No harm no foul.
Apologies,
Chef de Cuisine
Natasha Treu Fletcher

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
> <spam and other sutff snipped>
> >

> > "Americans spend about 30 minutes preparing dinner every day, down from
> > two and a half hours in the 1960's..." - New York Times This means most
> > Americans who cook are not eating delicious meals. In much less time
> > than this, each day you could heat the gourmet meals made by your chef
> > and have a succulent and wholesome feast.

> 30 minutes? What in the flip can you prepare in 30 minutes? I can't.
> Unless perhaps it's a salad. I don't need a chef. I actually like to cook
> and I have the time to do it. Now go away and take the rest of your spam
> with you.
>
> --
> See my webpage:
> http://mysite.verizon.net/juliebove/index.htm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher > wrote:
|| I don't see offering my services to people who love food as
|| spam!
|| These are meals I prepare fresh in the home for people who do
|| not have
|| the time to cook anymore. I take time and prepare gourmet
|| meals.
|| I wasn't familiar, obviously, with the terms of "spamming" or
|| wouldn't have placed my info on here. I've never used Groups
|| before
|| I just thought many people here who love gourmet food might
be
|| interested in a chef. My mistake. No harm no foul.
|| Apologies,
|| Chef de Cuisine
|| Natasha Treu Fletcher

Obviously then you should educate yourself prior to posting on
USENET.
Find out what is exceptable and unexceptable behaviour prior to
posting.
it is similar to not knowing how to use a freeway, going the
wrong direction
on the wrong side of the road and then claiming not to know the
rules.

BJ

"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as
history, a hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls
observing from the present" -- Glen Cook

Middle East -
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/idea...p-369513c.html

Islamic Fundamentalism -
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com

Social Security -
http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default freeway

Not sure if its quite as dangerous as traveling on a freeway going in
the wrong direction but I do see your point. I apologize for posting
the ad here. I see you are all cooks and do not need a chef to cook for
you. Thank you for understanding my inexperience with groups. If you
come across anyone who would enjoy my services please let them know I
am available.

BJ in Texas wrote:
> Chef Natasha Treu Fletcher > wrote:

> Obviously then you should educate yourself prior to posting on
> USENET.
> Find out what is exceptable and unexceptable behaviour prior to
> posting.
> it is similar to not knowing how to use a freeway, going the
> wrong direction
> on the wrong side of the road and then claiming not to know the
> rules.
>
> BJ

> "...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as
> history, a hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls
> observing from the present" -- Glen Cook
>
> Middle East -
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/idea...p-369513c.html
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...072701222.html
>
> Islamic Fundamentalism -
> http://www.obsessionthemovie.com
>
> Social Security -
> http://home.swbell.net/bjtexas/SS/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> Apart from the spam... I do dinner most nights in 30 mins
> or less. We mostly eat veggies and plain meats of some kind,
> grilled. A roast obviously takes longer. Stir fry is very
> quick. I cooked stir fry last night in the time it took the
> rice for the kids to cook. Spagetti bol type meals are a tad
> longer but all done in less than an hour.

Stir fries don't go over very well in this house and are really out of the
question now with the soy allergy. It usually takes me about 2 hours to
make dinner but I am often cooking/fixing three different meals. For meats,
I do a lot of roasts. I also do things in the crockpot.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Hi,

Thank you Natasha, you thoughtfulness is appreciated.

Only thing, we're not all cooks/chefs, some of us just enjoy cooking and/or reading about cooking ; • ).

Take care,
Phil.

"Minimise your therbligs until it becomes automatic;
this doubles your effective lifetime -
and thereby gives time to enjoy
butterflies and kittens and rainbows."

Diagnosed Type 2 December 2005
Metformin, 3 × 500 mg
Gliclazide, 2 × 80 mg
Simvastatin, 1 × 40 mg
(and a whole bunch of other stuff for other problems!)
71 kg (fairly) stable

http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/index.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> Jan,
>
> I'm with you on this. I often get dinner prepared in 30 minutes. How
> lond does it take to cook , groil, grill, microwave a piece of fish,
> sicrowave some fresh vegetables and throw together a nice salad? We eat
> well as I have, over hte years, developed the skills to season food well
> and prepare it.

Well, We don't eat fish and I don't cook things in the microwave. As for
the salad, it does take me over a half an hour usually by the time I wash
and cut up everything. Salad is usually my meal so it has to be
nutritionally complete. And we often have melon. That takes a while to cut
up, deseed, etc. I buy very little in the way of prepared foods because of
the food allergies. If we have pizza or bread it is usually made totally
from scratch. And since we can't eat cheese, I have to make up a fake
cheese type sauce using a powder of ground peas and stuff or nutritional
yeast.

> This does not meat that I never make longer cooking dishes like stews,
> roast, oven roasated or baked poultry(I really prefer bone-in ibirds to
> the little breasts, or home made soups. I do much of that kind of cooking
> in the winter, certainly not in th eheat we are currently having:-) adn
> may spend some hours(at least the stove does) preparing something we can
> eat for several days.
>
> Last night we had gazpacho, which I make in large quantities, grilled
> eggplant slices and portobello mushrooms, seasoned with pepper, garlic and
> wiped with oil to which I added some grated cheese when they were don and
> let them sit next to the grill for a few minutes. This , with a lafge
> salad with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, olives with a citrus vinegrette and
> a small piece of canteloupe with 6 cherries for dessert, was a lovely
> dinner Tonight we will have tiapia fillets microwaved with sliced peppers
> and onions and salsa, a green vegetables and salad and much the same
> dessert as well as gazpacho. Both these meals are fast, easy and
> delicious.

Maybe. But that kind of meal is one that wouldn't get eaten in our house.
I used to do eggplant rollatine. I liked that, but it was time consuming
and now with the food allergies, one that I can't eat.

I guess I am just a picky eater. I don't like foods done in the microwave
unless they are just reheated. Now I'll often have bean tacos myself. I
can do those in 30 seconds in the microwave. I am just reheating tortillas
and canned or pre-cooked beans. But nobody else in the family will eat
those.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote on 02 Aug 2006 in alt.food.diabetic

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
> > Apart from the spam... I do dinner most nights in 30 mins
> > or less. We mostly eat veggies and plain meats of some kind,
> > grilled. A roast obviously takes longer. Stir fry is very
> > quick. I cooked stir fry last night in the time it took the
> > rice for the kids to cook. Spagetti bol type meals are a tad
> > longer but all done in less than an hour.

> Stir fries don't go over very well in this house and are really out of
> the question now with the soy allergy. It usually takes me about 2
> hours to make dinner but I am often cooking/fixing three different
> meals. For meats, I do a lot of roasts. I also do things in the
> crockpot.

What do stirfries have to do with soy allergies? Use a different homemade
sauce...say a tomato or orange juice based sauce. There are other sauce
possibilities other than using soy based sauces.

Example: google up a version of a cranberry based sweet and sour
sauce...convert it to splenda. Ingredients...cranberry juice, vinegar,
splenda, corn starch and maybe sherry. Or mix some frozen oj concentrate
with some sherry, water and corn starch optional use of a hot sauce. Same
goes with frozen lime-ade or pineapple juice...yes there might be some
added sugar involved, but not a lot. There are valid other sauces for
stir fries...who says they have to be asian based sauces?

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

welcome back Alan :-)

how was the trip?

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Alan S" >
wrote in message
> On 30 Jul 2006 19:30:11 -0700, "Chef Natasha

Treu Fletcher"
> > wrote:
>
> >Personal chef services help families get back

to the table and everyone
> >get back their evenings! The food can be

prepared in your home under
> >your supervision or if you prefer while you are

away during the day.
> <snip>
>
> I have a personal chef.
>
> Me:-)
>
> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 500mg
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> I find Chinese restaurants to be very obliging. It's not
> hard for me to get low carb food in Chinese restaurants
> here. As long as I nix the rice I don't actually miss it
> though, but I do have a small serve of fried rice on
> occasion.

The only Chinese food I actually like is Tomato Beef and I find it not
served in many restaurants outside of the International district. But the
only way I like it is to pick out the veggies and sauce, put them over rice
or noodles and not to eat any of the beef. Heh! This is one of the few
Chinese dishes I took the time to find out how to make. And even with the
changes I make to it to lessen the carbs it's still too carby for me. Just
isn't the same without a lot of noodles or rice. The rest of it, I can live
without. Actually I can live without that too. But I would like it every
once in a while.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:45:53 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message
>
>> What do stirfries have to do with soy allergies? Use a different homemade
>> sauce...say a tomato or orange juice based sauce. There are other sauce
>> possibilities other than using soy based sauces.

>All of the stirfry recipes I've ever seen have soy sauce in them. No matter
>though because as I said, nobody here likes stir fries. My daughter will
>eat most vegetables raw, some vegetables cooked to death and no vegetables
>stir fried. Nor do I, nor does my husband.
>>
>> Example: google up a version of a cranberry based sweet and sour
>> sauce...convert it to splenda. Ingredients...cranberry juice, vinegar,
>> splenda, corn starch and maybe sherry. Or mix some frozen oj concentrate
>> with some sherry, water and corn starch optional use of a hot sauce. Same
>> goes with frozen lime-ade or pineapple juice...yes there might be some
>> added sugar involved, but not a lot. There are valid other sauces for
>> stir fries...who says they have to be asian based sauces?

>Well, none of that sounds even remotely appealing. And since stir frying is
>an Asian technique I can't imagine any other kind of sauce on it. But as I
>said above, no matter since nobody in this house would eat that stuff.
>Saucy stuff doesn't go over well here either.

Hi Julie

You seem to have a very limited Asian cook-book. Sauces I've
used in my own stir-fries include:
Hoi-Sin
Sweet & sour (my own version with or without soy- see my
chili crab recipe)
Satay (both the Chinese type and the Indonesian type)
and various concoctions of vinegar, ginger, garlic, herbs,
spices and curry variations.
There are many other commercial non-soy Asiahn sauces.
I do use soy at times, both separately or as an ingredient
with others, but not in all cases.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 500mg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

> All of the stirfry recipes I've ever seen have soy sauce in them. No matter
> though because as I said, nobody here likes stir fries. My daughter will
> eat most vegetables raw, some vegetables cooked to death and no vegetables
> stir fried. Nor do I, nor does my husband.

I have stir fried veggies without sauce. Think of stir fry as a cooking
method rather than a recipe genre.

Here's one recipe:

I put a little peanut oil in the wok add some minced garlic and shallots
and stir fry whole green beans. If you feel you need any liquid a
tablespoon of chicken or vegetable broth does the trick. The green beans
are crisp-tender and much more flavorful than steamed or (gag) boiled.
The fast cooking of a stir fry, I've been told, preserves more vitamins.

Summer squash, like zuccini and yellow, work wonderfully when cut in
large "matchstick" pieces.
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message

> Hi Julie
>
> You seem to have a very limited Asian cook-book. Sauces I've
> used in my own stir-fries include:
> Hoi-Sin
> Sweet & sour (my own version with or without soy- see my
> chili crab recipe)
> Satay (both the Chinese type and the Indonesian type)
> and various concoctions of vinegar, ginger, garlic, herbs,
> spices and curry variations.
> There are many other commercial non-soy Asiahn sauces.
> I do use soy at times, both separately or as an ingredient
> with others, but not in all cases.

My cookbook is limited because really I don't much care for Asian food and
there are so many places around here where you can get it there isn't much
point in making it at home. My daughter is also allergic to peanuts and
peanut oil is commonly used in Asian cuisine. She used to love chicken
teriyaki skewers but they do contain soy. As for the commercial sauces if
you look at them they all contain either wheat, peanut oil or soy (daughter
is allergic). At least in this country. I did look at all the sauces
hoping to find one that I could use to make something for my daughter. No
go. Even the plum and fish sauces had allergens in them. It's just safer
for us to avoid Asian food at home except for the occasional takeout for my
husband.

Oh yeah. The Asian cookbook I have is one that I bought from a neighbor kid
years ago. He was selling it for some kind of fundraiser. Not really a
very good book at all. I did go to the library though and looked for a
recipe for authentic tomato beef because I do love that. I did manage to
make it without the soy. Just added more salt. Tasted okay to me, but
since nobody else in the family likes the stuff, not something I'll be
making again.

Mainly I make foods with Mexican or Italian seasonings. Everyone in the
family seems to like those seasonings except for me when it comes to garlic.
Can't stand garlic!

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > All of the stirfry recipes I've ever seen have soy sauce in them. No

matter
> > though because as I said, nobody here likes stir fries. My daughter

will
> > eat most vegetables raw, some vegetables cooked to death and no

vegetables
> > stir fried. Nor do I, nor does my husband.

> I have stir fried veggies without sauce. Think of stir fry as a cooking
> method rather than a recipe genre.
>
> Here's one recipe:
>
> I put a little peanut oil in the wok add some minced garlic and shallots
> and stir fry whole green beans. If you feel you need any liquid a
> tablespoon of chicken or vegetable broth does the trick. The green beans
> are crisp-tender and much more flavorful than steamed or (gag) boiled.
> The fast cooking of a stir fry, I've been told, preserves more vitamins.
>
> Summer squash, like zuccini and yellow, work wonderfully when cut in
> large "matchstick" pieces.

Daughter is allergic to peanut oil. And as I said, nobody in the house
likes stir-fry. The only way green beans will get eaten is if they are
cooked to death or raw. And nobody will eat crisp-tender vegetables.
Yuck!!!! If I made that recipe I can tell you it would go straight in the
trash. Nobody here would touch it.

--
See my webpage: