David Hare-Scott

Default Pork roast steaks - how to make them taste good?

"Gary" > wrote in message
> I bought a boneless prok loin roast and cut them into steaks. I
> grilled one the other night.
>
> Very disappointing. Almost tasteless. But I LOVE chinese roast pork.
>
> Any recommendations: what to do to enhance the flavor?

For a more occidental flavour try what we had last night, simple but very
good.

Rosemary Pork Steaks
------------------------
Make enough marinade to have about a dessertspoon of liquid for each steak,
this will do two:
- the *fresh* rosemary leaves off about 6-8in of stalk chopped v fine
- big splash olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- grind of fresh black pepper

Mix and coat the steaks, leave for at least half an hour (up to overnight if
in the fridge) then fry or grill. Cook until the pink has just gone from the
centre but not all the juice.

We had it with a full-bodied dry white wine, potato salad, green beans and
baby yellow squash.

David