Posted to rec.food.cooking
laurie laurie is offline

Default Burning around the edges

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> "laurie" > wrote in message
> newshKAg.14$Fl2.8@trndny01...
>>
>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
>>
>> Not with this oven, no, but nothing else burns- not cookies or roasts or
>> anything else- so I hate to adjust the temp if I don't have to. Do you
>> think that is the problem?
>>
>> laurie

> I don't know, but it's the first thing I'd check, and an oven
> thermometer's a good thing to have. How much trouble would it be to adjust
> the temp if necessary? A push of a button?

I do have an oven thermometer, actually, as my last oven was very
inaccurate. It's no trouble to adjust the temp at all- I just meant that
then I'd have to adapt to the new temps for all the other things I cook, and
*I'm* not that adaptable.

> Is absolutely everything else equal to your previous method with the old
> oven? Exact same recipe? Exact same ingredients? Same position for the
> oven rack? Exactly the same pan that produced successful results before?

Same recipe, same pan, maybe not the same rack. I'll try that.

laurie