Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default Why You Should Get A Personal Chef

Julie Bove wrote on 02 Aug 2006 in alt.food.diabetic

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
> > Apart from the spam... I do dinner most nights in 30 mins
> > or less. We mostly eat veggies and plain meats of some kind,
> > grilled. A roast obviously takes longer. Stir fry is very
> > quick. I cooked stir fry last night in the time it took the
> > rice for the kids to cook. Spagetti bol type meals are a tad
> > longer but all done in less than an hour.

> Stir fries don't go over very well in this house and are really out of
> the question now with the soy allergy. It usually takes me about 2
> hours to make dinner but I am often cooking/fixing three different
> meals. For meats, I do a lot of roasts. I also do things in the
> crockpot.

What do stirfries have to do with soy allergies? Use a different homemade
sauce...say a tomato or orange juice based sauce. There are other sauce
possibilities other than using soy based sauces.

Example: google up a version of a cranberry based sweet and sour
sauce...convert it to splenda. Ingredients...cranberry juice, vinegar,
splenda, corn starch and maybe sherry. Or mix some frozen oj concentrate
with some sherry, water and corn starch optional use of a hot sauce. Same
goes with frozen lime-ade or pineapple juice...yes there might be some
added sugar involved, but not a lot. There are valid other sauces for
stir fries...who says they have to be asian based sauces?

--

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect

-Alan