Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Why You Should Get A Personal Chef

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> Jan,
>
> I'm with you on this. I often get dinner prepared in 30 minutes. How
> lond does it take to cook , groil, grill, microwave a piece of fish,
> sicrowave some fresh vegetables and throw together a nice salad? We eat
> well as I have, over hte years, developed the skills to season food well
> and prepare it.

Well, We don't eat fish and I don't cook things in the microwave. As for
the salad, it does take me over a half an hour usually by the time I wash
and cut up everything. Salad is usually my meal so it has to be
nutritionally complete. And we often have melon. That takes a while to cut
up, deseed, etc. I buy very little in the way of prepared foods because of
the food allergies. If we have pizza or bread it is usually made totally
from scratch. And since we can't eat cheese, I have to make up a fake
cheese type sauce using a powder of ground peas and stuff or nutritional
yeast.

> This does not meat that I never make longer cooking dishes like stews,
> roast, oven roasated or baked poultry(I really prefer bone-in ibirds to
> the little breasts, or home made soups. I do much of that kind of cooking
> in the winter, certainly not in th eheat we are currently having:-) adn
> may spend some hours(at least the stove does) preparing something we can
> eat for several days.
>
> Last night we had gazpacho, which I make in large quantities, grilled
> eggplant slices and portobello mushrooms, seasoned with pepper, garlic and
> wiped with oil to which I added some grated cheese when they were don and
> let them sit next to the grill for a few minutes. This , with a lafge
> salad with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, olives with a citrus vinegrette and
> a small piece of canteloupe with 6 cherries for dessert, was a lovely
> dinner Tonight we will have tiapia fillets microwaved with sliced peppers
> and onions and salsa, a green vegetables and salad and much the same
> dessert as well as gazpacho. Both these meals are fast, easy and
> delicious.

Maybe. But that kind of meal is one that wouldn't get eaten in our house.
I used to do eggplant rollatine. I liked that, but it was time consuming
and now with the food allergies, one that I can't eat.

I guess I am just a picky eater. I don't like foods done in the microwave
unless they are just reheated. Now I'll often have bean tacos myself. I
can do those in 30 seconds in the microwave. I am just reheating tortillas
and canned or pre-cooked beans. But nobody else in the family will eat
those.

--
See my webpage: