Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Have Zucchini, Need Zucchini Bread

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:35:15 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>My next door neighbor, bless his soul, just gave me two large
>zucchinis. When hehanded them to me, I announced, "zucchini bread!"
>Wish I had a recipe. LOL!
>
>Does anyone have a really yummy recipe? I checked Epicurious, but the
>lone recipe they had got far from rave reviews.
>
>And will large zucchinis work okay for bread? Do I need to remove the
>seeds or anything? I've never made zucchini bread before, and I
>haven't seen fruits this large before, so I've gotta wonder.
>
>Thanks!
>Carol

Here is a great recipe for a yeast zucchini bread. And it works
wonderfully with big zukes since you grate them. Bread machine is not
necessary. If you us a food processor, put the zukes in last.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Whole Wheat Zucchini Herb Bread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads

1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup zucchini -- grated
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups flour, bread
1 tablespoon basil, fresh -- chopped
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order
suggested by
the manufacturer. Set for Basic Bread cycle, or Normal setting.

Source:
"http://bread.allrecipes.com/AZ/WhleWhtZucchiniHrbBrd.asp"
Yield:
"1 1/2 pounds"