Posted to rec.food.baking
philosopher philosopher is offline

Default Pie Shields

Another easy way to make a foil shield is to take a square of foil about 2
inches larger than your pie pan diameter and cut a circle in the middle
slightly smaller than the pie pan perimeter. Place the square of foil (now
with a large circle cut into the middle) over your pie and loosely crumple
the edges to secure. I find this method much easier than wrapping foil
around the edges, plus it keeps the pie crust crimps nice and neat. Good
luck.

.net...