Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter[_6_] Peter[_6_] is offline

Default Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef)

I usualy make traditional salt beef stew (east cost stew, newfie stew), with
salt beef, lots of cabbage, etc. Well, I have been having a hard time
finding the stuff recently so I purchased corned beef instead today, which
is similar in its salinity, which gives the stew a unique taste, but very
different cuts of meat

My issue is, that it's not getting tender as salt beef usualy did, the
corned beef tastes great but is very tough texture.

My plan at the moment is to cut it in very thin slices instead of cubing
next time. I think there might be a better alternative? Anyone know a good
natural way to tenderize corned beef while keeping it cubed?