Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.drink
Adam Funk Adam Funk is offline

Default "Canadian Lyric" cocktail?

"A Mixture of Frailties" by Robertson Davies mentions the following
cocktail:

...the Canadian Lyric, a cocktail made of equal parts of lemion
juice and maple syrup, added to a double portion of rye whisky, and
shaken up with cracked ice.

It isn't on teh interweb --- has anyone else heard of it?

I think it sounds good, but I haven't seen anything specifically
labelled as rye whiskey here (in the UK). Would any decent "Canadian
whiskey" be appropriate?

--
And on special dank midnights in August he peeks
out of the shutters and sometimes he speaks