Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] mcbragg66@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fermented Pickle Disaster-G

http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
> Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com

I've only made pickles a few times, but 40F sounds awful cold to me. Do
you have a fermenting fridge? 50-55F sounds a bit more cozey

I've only fermented pickles for a week, then pasturize the brine and
into the fridge. Judging from your website, you are far more
experienced than I at this, but I did post my "recipe" a few days ago
in the "Picking cucumbers" thread.

And speaking of beer fridges, let me shamelessly plug mine:

http://www.misanthropia.com/blog/ind...eezerator.html

b.