Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sir Frederick Sir Frederick is offline

Default My three favorite things

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:08:12 -0400, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>"kilikini" > wrote
>
>> "Scooter" > wrote

>>> Sir Frederick wrote:

>>> Huh. I just throw the probe in a drawer (used to try the ziplock bag to
>>> keep the wire from getting tangled with other utensils, but the probe
>>> kept poking holes in the bag) and the base unit (readout thing) stays
>>> on the fridge. Not much humidity here (desert), but I did the same
>>> thing in the sweaty Midwest and never noticed a problem. Maybe you just
>>> got stuck with a lemon? If I had to go through all that pain, I
>>> would've tossed it a long time ago.

>> We've never had a problem with our Polder either; we've gone through lots
>> of
>> temp probes and this Polder just keeps ticking. It's been dropped, it's
>> cracked, it's yellow from the sun, it's about 10 years old and it's still
>> the most accurate probe we've used. We love it.

>Me three. My Polder works great, I don't put it into a drawer to kick
>around, but I don't baby it, either. Just take it out, use it, put it back.
>Works
>great, I love it. I think you have a lemon.
>
>nancy

Then I have two readouts and three probes, all of which are
crap. I have given up on them. Only the engineering challenge
remains. I expect no practical use. A touch of humidity (not visible
moisture), just a touch of humidity (such as given off by a roast),
or a humid day, and the things are reading fifty degrees high.
The hot pad treatment brings the readout back to possible consideration.
--
Frederick Martin McNeill
Poway, California, United States of America

http://www.fuzzysys.com
http://members.cox.net/fmmcneill
Phrase of the week :
"The progress of science always depends upon our
questioning the plausible, the respectably accepted,
and the seemingly self-evident."
-- Morris R. Cohen (1880-1947)
:-))))Snort!)