Posted to rec.food.cooking
Scooter Scooter is offline

Default My three favorite things

Sir Frederick wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2006 19:20:14 -0700, "Scooter" > wrote:
>
> How do you keep the Polder stable?

Stable as in providing an accurate temperature readout? I've never
noticed a problem; I just plug the probe in and I'm good to go. I
suppose I wouldn't know if the readout was off by a couple of degrees
here or there, but I've never seen anything that was obviously
inaccurate.

> I must keep mine in a zip lock bag to keep the
> humidity away, then I must drive off any hint
> of humidity or moisture by wrapping in a hot
> hotpad for a half hour before use. Both the probe
> and the readout are pieces of crap in that they
> respond to the slightest moisture in any form.

Huh. I just throw the probe in a drawer (used to try the ziplock bag to
keep the wire from getting tangled with other utensils, but the probe
kept poking holes in the bag) and the base unit (readout thing) stays
on the fridge. Not much humidity here (desert), but I did the same
thing in the sweaty Midwest and never noticed a problem. Maybe you just
got stuck with a lemon? If I had to go through all that pain, I
would've tossed it a long time ago.

Scooter