Posted to rec.food.cooking
limey limey is offline

Default Ox Tails

Phred wrote:
> The damn things are obviously becoming too popular!
> Lamb neck chops are going the same way. :-(
>
> Cheers, Phred.

I've often used smoked necks to flavour green beans - they were cheaper than
ham hocks. Yesterday at the supermarket, the name had changed to "smoked
pork" - and for a small package of neck bones with hardly any meat, as
usual, they wanted almost $5.00 US. Crazy. Since when were bones more
expensive than the meat?

Dora