Posted to rec.food.sourdough
hutchndi hutchndi is offline

Default On Sourdough, Buttermilk, and Pancakes

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
Pancakery is not a high skill, being but slightly more
advanced than startermuckery. Anything wetted and
mixed with some flour will fry. Drenched with syrup,
it may be coaxed down the gullet. Therefore you
become a culinary creator? Guess again!

--
Dicky

The need of drenching with enough syrup to render something palatable is
precisely the reason culanary elevation of pancakery should recieve higher
importance. Myself I have decided I care less for sourdough pancakes after
running through many of the recipes available, fresh wholegrain buttermilk
pancakes are so much better. If your pancakes need a flood of goo to help
them down, perhaps your spending to much time on sourdough.

hutchndi ;-)