PENMART01

Default World's Best Tasting Casseroles...

> Bill bigc asks:
>
>What are the most popular ingredients for "Casseroles"? If anyone has
>experience with these gastronomical delights please advise me since I
>want to experiment with cooking something "outside the box" for a
>change.

Cream cheese, chocolate, peanut butter.

LINDY'S NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS:

Crust
1 large package Nabisco Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies
1 large bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures

Filling
2 1/2 pounds Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 Tbs. flour
1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
5 whole eggs + 2 yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp. vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 400F. Butter the bottom, and sides of a 9" springform pan.
Crumb the cookies, and press into bottom, and 1/3 up the sides of pan. Place
1 layer of peanut butter cups on bottom of pan. ( remove paper cups )

In the bowl of a mixer, combine the cheese, sugar, flour, lemon , orange, and
beat well. Add the eggs, and vanilla, and beat well. Add the heavy cream,
and beat well.

Increase the oven to 550F. Pour the cheese mixture into the crust. Bake for 12
to 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 200F, and bake for 1 hour. Turn off the
heat and keep the oven door open wide. Let the cake cool in the oven for 30
minutes.

Serves 8 to10
---

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---