Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Warming Up To Cold Soups

Syssi wrote:

>> have a favorite cold soup to recommend?

> Yes, quite a few. The strawberry and the melon ones are my FAVORITE....
> thanks for the reminder to start making them again. 1000 apologies for
> not having all of the authors listed... it's a long story.

<snip>
> Strawberry Tropical Soup
>
> 3 c strawberries
> 1 c frozen cherries
> 4 c strawberry juice (made from frozen concentrate)
> 2 TBSP clover honey
> 1/2 c fresh lime juice
> 1/2 c sweet white wine
> 1/2 c light cream
> 2 TBSP cornstarch
> 2 TBSP cold water
> 1/2 c sour cream
>
> Mix cornstarch in 2 TBSP cold water. Simmer strawberry juice, honey, lime
> juice and white wine until mixture thickens. Stir occasionally as it is
> cooling. Put strawberries and cream with chilled mixture and blend until
> smooth. Strain through a strainer. Mix in thawed cherries. Add a dollop of
> sour cream to each serving.

I'll be getting a big box of Rainier cherries from Harry & David in a couple
weeks. I think I'll try making this soup using some of those cherries and
using coconut milk instead of light cream.

Thanks for the recipes!

Bob