Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Evaluate customer service restaurants, stores, eye exams, carservices bars etc

Nancy Young wrote:

> Not from their perspective, they want 'corporate' to think
> they run a tight ship. The stupid thing is if anyone in the restaurant,
> manager included, is told they were coming. That's lame.

Speaking of customer feedback..... I used to get the Food Network one on of my
satellite TV program bundles and was thinking about cancelling it because there
weren't many cooking shows any more, and all I was seeing was repeats of shows
that were crappy the first time. Then I got a notice from the satellite company
that they were increasing their monthly rates, but to compensate, they were
offering special deals on program bundles. Low and behold, the bundles had be
rearranged and re-sized. For instance, where I used to get 11 different news
channels in the news and information bundle, there were now two news bundles
with 6 channels each, so I would have to have both news bundles to get the same
channels I had before in one. The only difference was that FOX News <?> was
added.

So nuts to their customer gouging. The next weekend I was at the local Home Show
and the rival satellite company was there. I got a good deal because I was
switching...... free receiver, free installation, free programming (credit) for
a month and 10 pay per view movie credits. I did not get the bundle with Food
TV.

I had to call the old satellite company to cancel my subscription. They wanted
to know why. I told them that I was fed up with them putting the screws to me
and that they had tried to screw me once too often. Maybe the next time they
dream up a plan to reduce services and charge more they will remember that the
last time they did that they lost a lot of business.

Today I got a call from the old company wanting me to complete a survey about
why I left. I told the guy what I had told the last guy.... they tried to screw
me one time to many. It turns out that he worked for an independent consultant
that has been hired to find out why they are losing such a big share of the
market. He agreed that the provider seemed to be treating their customers
badly. He was almost begging me to do the survey.... waste my time to explain
to a company why I was so unhappy with the way they gouged me that I left them.
Maybe I could give them some valuable insight into how far they could push
customers before we get fed up. No thanks. There was nothing in it for me. It
would be a waste of my time to help them.