Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Evaluate customer service restaurants, stores, eye exams, car services bars etc

WE NEED NEW DEPENDABLE PEOPLE for MYSTERY SHOPPING See our TODAY SHOW
SEGMENT on mystery shoppers / customer service You must be reliable,
observant and able to follow instructions
Satisfaction Services Inc has mystery shops WE ARE A MYSTERY SHOPPING
Company,
we Are Not selling a list of companies to shop for! NEW Shoppers ONLY
sign up with the following link
DO NOT AUTO REPLY OR FORWARD BACK use this link please tell us you hsaw
our GOOGLE Posting
http://www.satisfactionservicesinc.com
If you are already a Shopper for Satisfaction Services us email us for
shops
Existing EVALUATORS Email us
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP MORE THAN 1 Time
site
http://www.satisfactionservicesinc.com/index.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> This company. I looked at their website, and they're really
> confused about the whole concept of "loss prevention". They
> mention inventory control, but then they completely lose the
> concept by trying to convince you it means losing customers.
> They even go on to imply that these mystery shoppers will attempt
> to steal from you to measure "attentiveness to loss prevention".
>
> Sheesh. Any competent retail manager can see right through all
> this double-"mystery"-talk.

For a while, there were ads for mystery shoppers in my local paper, and I
looked into it, thinking that if I could work it in very part time, it might
be fun.

It was a complete scam. You had to pay to get into the program, and there
was very little money to be earned. And a lot of time spent. And your money
(you had to shop and buy things).

There are no doubt some legitimate companies, but I'd be wary of any of them
until I looked good and hard.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

D.Currie wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
>> This company. I looked at their website, and they're really
>> confused about the whole concept of "loss prevention".

(snip)
> For a while, there were ads for mystery shoppers in my local paper,
> and I looked into it, thinking that if I could work it in very part
> time, it might be fun.
>
> It was a complete scam. You had to pay to get into the program, and
> there was very little money to be earned. And a lot of time spent.
> And your money (you had to shop and buy things).
>
> Donna

Most *restaurant* corporations who want to employ "mystery shoppers" (for
quality control, not inventory control) hire their own. In a number of
restaurants where I worked the mystery shoppers were corporate employees,
i.e. not someone the restaurant staff would know or recognize. They came in
to gauge service and the food, not to determine if someone was sneaking a
few fries off a plate in the kitchen (how would they know?). The stupid
thing in one particular chain restaurant where I worked was the manager
would alert the staff there would be mystery shoppers in the store that day
so everyone would be on their best behavior. Idiot! That totally defeats
the purpose!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D.Currie" > wrote in message
> For a while, there were ads for mystery shoppers in my local paper, and I
> looked into it, thinking that if I could work it in very part time, it

might
> be fun.

I always wanted to be a mystery shopper because it would involve
some sort of cool costume; I pictured myself swooping into the
local HyperMegaMart in the requisite black cape and mask,
while the staff trembled in fear (to the extent of dropping their
pricing guns) at the arrival of the Mystery Shopper!!!! TA-DAHHHH!!!!

Sadly, reality turns out to be somewhat misaligned with this
vision....

Bob M.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D.Currie" > wrote in
:

> There are no doubt some legitimate companies, but I'd be wary of any
> of them until I looked good and hard.

I'm signed up with a few on-line, only managed to get one assignment so
far, the assignments in my area are few and far between and I am too late
to the dance often. But I did get paid. I'll look up the url and post it
if you want it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike H" > wrote in message
9.130...
> "D.Currie" > wrote in
> :
>
>> There are no doubt some legitimate companies, but I'd be wary of any
>> of them until I looked good and hard.

> I'm signed up with a few on-line, only managed to get one assignment so
> far, the assignments in my area are few and far between and I am too late
> to the dance often. But I did get paid. I'll look up the url and post it
> if you want it.

Sure. I'd be interesting to see if there's anything nearby here.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote

> few fries off a plate in the kitchen (how would they know?). The stupid
> thing in one particular chain restaurant where I worked was the manager
> would alert the staff there would be mystery shoppers in the store that
> day
> so everyone would be on their best behavior. Idiot! That totally defeats
> the purpose!

Not from their perspective, they want 'corporate' to think
they run a tight ship. The stupid thing is if anyone in the restaurant,
manager included, is told they were coming. That's lame.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Not from their perspective, they want 'corporate' to think
> they run a tight ship. The stupid thing is if anyone in the restaurant,
> manager included, is told they were coming. That's lame.

Speaking of customer feedback..... I used to get the Food Network one on of my
satellite TV program bundles and was thinking about cancelling it because there
weren't many cooking shows any more, and all I was seeing was repeats of shows
that were crappy the first time. Then I got a notice from the satellite company
that they were increasing their monthly rates, but to compensate, they were
offering special deals on program bundles. Low and behold, the bundles had be
rearranged and re-sized. For instance, where I used to get 11 different news
channels in the news and information bundle, there were now two news bundles
with 6 channels each, so I would have to have both news bundles to get the same
channels I had before in one. The only difference was that FOX News <?> was
added.

So nuts to their customer gouging. The next weekend I was at the local Home Show
and the rival satellite company was there. I got a good deal because I was
switching...... free receiver, free installation, free programming (credit) for
a month and 10 pay per view movie credits. I did not get the bundle with Food
TV.

I had to call the old satellite company to cancel my subscription. They wanted
to know why. I told them that I was fed up with them putting the screws to me
and that they had tried to screw me once too often. Maybe the next time they
dream up a plan to reduce services and charge more they will remember that the
last time they did that they lost a lot of business.

Today I got a call from the old company wanting me to complete a survey about
why I left. I told the guy what I had told the last guy.... they tried to screw
me one time to many. It turns out that he worked for an independent consultant
that has been hired to find out why they are losing such a big share of the
market. He agreed that the provider seemed to be treating their customers
badly. He was almost begging me to do the survey.... waste my time to explain
to a company why I was so unhappy with the way they gouged me that I left them.
Maybe I could give them some valuable insight into how far they could push
customers before we get fed up. No thanks. There was nothing in it for me. It
would be a waste of my time to help them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:

> In a number of restaurants where I worked the mystery shoppers
> were corporate employees, i.e. not someone the restaurant staff
> would know or recognize. They came in to gauge service and
> the food, not to determine if someone was sneaking a few fries
> off a plate in the kitchen (how would they know?). The stupid
> thing in one particular chain restaurant where I worked was the
> manager would alert the staff there would be mystery shoppers in
> the store that day so everyone would be on their best behavior.
> Idiot! That totally defeats the purpose!

A clever manager would do this on days when there weren't
any mystery shoppers coming in...

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> thing in one particular chain restaurant where I worked was the
>> manager would alert the staff there would be mystery shoppers in
>> the store that day so everyone would be on their best behavior.
>> Idiot! That totally defeats the purpose!

> A clever manager would do this on days when there weren't
> any mystery shoppers coming in...
>
> S.

Did I ever say this particular restaurant manager was clever?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Myers" > wrote in message

> I always wanted to be a mystery shopper because it would involve
> some sort of cool costume; I pictured myself swooping into the
> local HyperMegaMart in the requisite black cape and mask,
> while the staff trembled in fear (to the extent of dropping their
> pricing guns) at the arrival of the Mystery Shopper!!!! TA-DAHHHH!!!!
>
> Sadly, reality turns out to be somewhat misaligned with this
> vision....

Bob, I think we can accommodate that vision. We'll outfit you with the
requisite cape and mask, and even a body suit of your preference.

I'll get the camera ready. Just please first sign these waivers.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Myers" > wrote in message

> "D.Currie" > wrote in message
>> For a while, there were ads for mystery shoppers in my local paper, and I
>> looked into it, thinking that if I could work it in very part time, it

> might
>> be fun.

> I always wanted to be a mystery shopper because it would involve
> some sort of cool costume; I pictured myself swooping into the
> local HyperMegaMart in the requisite black cape and mask,
> while the staff trembled in fear (to the extent of dropping their
> pricing guns) at the arrival of the Mystery Shopper!!!! TA-DAHHHH!!!!
>
> Sadly, reality turns out to be somewhat misaligned with this
> vision....
>
> Bob M.

If you could actually KNOW that the results of your "mystery shopping" would
do some good, it might be a satisfying thing to do. However, the structure
of many retail companies is such that change is highly unlikely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D.Currie" > wrote in news:4fu0c8F1jb1nsU1
@individual.net:

> Sure. I'd be interesting to see if there's anything nearby here.

www.secretshopper.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike H" > wrote in message
9.130...
> "D.Currie" > wrote in news:4fu0c8F1jb1nsU1
> @individual.net:
>
>> Sure. I'd be interesting to see if there's anything nearby here.
>>

> www.secretshopper.com

Thanks! I'll sign up and see what happens.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D.Currie" > wrote in message

> "Mike H" > wrote in message
> 9.130...
>> "D.Currie" > wrote in news:4fu0c8F1jb1nsU1
>> @individual.net:
>>
>>> Sure. I'd be interesting to see if there's anything nearby here.
>>>

>> www.secretshopper.com

> Thanks! I'll sign up and see what happens.
>
> Donna

When they can assign me as a mystery shopper at a nearby strip joint, I
might check it out.