PENMART01

Default Salmon Patties/Croquettes

>"jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Please share with me your favourite recipes for Salmon Patties/Croquettes.
>> Bolivar gave me a recipe for croquettes last month which I have not tried
>> yet; he was still trying to settle on a sauce. IIRC he baked them in fish
>> shaped cast iron "muffin moulds" which sounded like fun!
>>
>> BTW, to my mind they are "croquettes" if they are sauced, patties if they
>> are not.

To me they are croquettes if made from canned salmon... made from fresh salmon
they're salmon cakes. Croquettes are okay but I much prefer grinding my own
salmon and making cakes.... sometimes I use fresh ground salmon to make salmon
loaf. Naturally with salmon you want a mild sauce, perhaps a bit of white
pepper and dillweed, a simple white sauce, garnished with pistachios and
chopped hard egg yolk.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon