Posted to alt.food.barbecue
T.J. Warner T.J. Warner is offline

Default Entry-Level Smoker Suggestions

Hey Gang..

Just found the group. I've been cue'ing for years and now that it seems
that a house purchase is in the near midst, I was looking to get some
suggestions on an entry level smoker.

I've used a water/charcoal small smoker for a while, but I'm ready for
the next "level" so to speak. It's treated me well, but I'm looking for
something with an off-set box.

I've seen a few at the local Home Depot/Lowe's (Brinkman) and at Walmart
(Charbroil Silver something or other)... Now I'm going to go out on a
limb and say that I'm sure these aren't the best made, but the price
(usually about $99-$119) is right.

Can anyone suggest anything commercially made that's decent? I'm
concerned that the metal will be too thin to hold the heat for long
times, but I do like the amount of cooking space they have vs. my
current smoker.

Thanks in advance!

Slow and low!