Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Jam/Marmalade and Splenda

In article >,
"Priscilla H. Ballou" > wrote:

> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> > Per serving (excluding unknown items): 1081 Calories; 2g Fat (2%
> > calories from fat); 17g Protein; 280g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol;
> > 70mg Sodium
> > Food Exchanges: 18 1/2 Fruit
> > _____

> Uh, I think the "per serving" calculation is off. 280g Carb? LOL!
> 18.5 fruit exchanges? :-)

Hey, I didn't do the calculation. Funny, because I usually delete that
part of the recipe before posting because I don't usually believe it.

OTOH, that calculation is for one batch, not serving. Lessee, when I
made it last year, I canned seven 4-ounce jars -- that's a half cup jar.
Four tablespoons? Let's say 30 tablespoons in the batch. IF those
numbers ARE accurate, is 9.333333 carbs per tablespoon a lot? I have
no clue. And if there are more than 4 tbsp in a small jar, the numbers
look better, no?

--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 6-11-2006; Church Reviews, #19,