Posted to alt.food.diabetic
PETER PENDLETON PETER PENDLETON is offline

Default Jam/Marmalade and Splenda

Very many thanks to everyone who replied so promptly, It seems that only
sugar will make 'proper' marmalade - I amaze myself as I could only boil
water when I started!

For those of you on the other side of the 'Pond' you might like to be aware
of ' Hartleys Ma Made ' a tinned product made by Chivers Hartley, Long
Sutton, Spalding, Lincolnshire PE12 9EQ, which comes in both lemon and
bitter orange varieties. My wife used to mix one and one to get the
authentic bite required. The result is certainly as good as that we make
when in Paraguay where bitter orange trees lined the road.

Particular thanks to ' Aunt Scilly ' from 'Nana Nora' who . after five
sons, taught four Grand daughters to cook and to Wendy Baker for her
advice.

Now I must get on with the ironing...........!

PP