Posted to alt.food.diabetic
percy[_1_] percy[_1_] is offline

Default Jam/Marmalade and Splenda

PETER PENDLETON wrote:

> Has anyone used Splenda when making jam or marmalade. It is said to be 600%
> sweeter than sugar but will it act the same when making preserves?
>
> Any advice welcomed by octogenarians catering for a diabetic wife.
>
> PP

We're waiting for strawberries, they're opening this week. For jam,, use
a low-methoxyl pectin such as Certo light or Bernardin no-sugar-added.
Follow the directions depending on the type of sweetener you're using
(Splenda can be boiled, aspart*me is added at the end). The jams turn
out very nice when stored in the freezer.

Vicki