Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue Curly Sue is offline

Default REC: Hamburger buns ABM

This is the order I put the ingredients in the machine:

1 egg + water to 1 cup
2 T oil
1 t lemon juice
1 t salt
2 T sugar
(yes, the whites started to curdle with the salt & acid, but no harm)

3 c bread flour
2 T dry milk
1 t yeast

Set machine on dough cycle.

When done, turn onto a floured board and cut into 8 equal pieces (I
seem to have a problem with "equal." Maybe next time I'll weigh the
chunks.)

Shape by folding corners etc. underneath so that the top is smooth.
If you want sesame seeds, press them into the top side of the dough
while shaping; a teeny bit of water might be necessary to re-sticky
the dough. Place your buns (;>) on a non-stick pan. I threw a bunch
of cornmeal on the pan first.

Raise the dough. I set it out at room temp (72F today and not humid),
covered with a damp cloth. After an hour I moved it to a warming
drawer for about 30 min while the oven heated to 350F.

Bake for 15-20 min. They turned out lovely brown with a crust that
softened appropriately as they cooled. The seeds stuck!

I didn't have any beef so I tested one of the rolls with a piece of
leftover chicken francese. Excellent

Sue(tm)