Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Hamburger buns ABM

This is the order I put the ingredients in the machine:

1 egg + water to 1 cup
2 T oil
1 t lemon juice
1 t salt
2 T sugar
(yes, the whites started to curdle with the salt & acid, but no harm)

3 c bread flour
2 T dry milk
1 t yeast

Set machine on dough cycle.

When done, turn onto a floured board and cut into 8 equal pieces (I
seem to have a problem with "equal." Maybe next time I'll weigh the
chunks.)

Shape by folding corners etc. underneath so that the top is smooth.
If you want sesame seeds, press them into the top side of the dough
while shaping; a teeny bit of water might be necessary to re-sticky
the dough. Place your buns (;>) on a non-stick pan. I threw a bunch
of cornmeal on the pan first.

Raise the dough. I set it out at room temp (72F today and not humid),
covered with a damp cloth. After an hour I moved it to a warming
drawer for about 30 min while the oven heated to 350F.

Bake for 15-20 min. They turned out lovely brown with a crust that
softened appropriately as they cooled. The seeds stuck!

I didn't have any beef so I tested one of the rolls with a piece of
leftover chicken francese. Excellent

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curly Sue wrote on 11 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> I didn't have any beef so I tested one of the rolls with a piece of
> leftover chicken francese. Excellent

Sounds good...So how do they grill up? I likes my hangaburger bums lightly
brushed with butter or garlic butter and toasted on the grill...Doesn't
everyone?

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:

> Sounds good...So how do they grill up? I likes my hangaburger bums lightly
> brushed with butter or garlic butter and toasted on the grill...Doesn't
> everyone?

For most things, yes. The one type of sandwich that I prefer a soft and
mushy bun for are for pulled pork with coleslaw on top of the meat.
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:37:05 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote on 11 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I didn't have any beef so I tested one of the rolls with a piece of
>> leftover chicken francese. Excellent
>>

>Sounds good...So how do they grill up? I likes my hangaburger bums lightly
>brushed with butter or garlic butter and toasted on the grill...Doesn't
>everyone?

I don't see why they shouldn't be fine, or better! It's too windy
here to test them on the grill today

(I should go out and mow the backyard though. It needs it
desperately!)

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM MoM is offline

Default Hamburger buns ABM

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
> This is the order I put the ingredients in the machine:
>
> 1 egg + water to 1 cup
> 2 T oil
> 1 t lemon juice
> 1 t salt
> 2 T sugar
> (yes, the whites started to curdle with the salt & acid, but no harm)
>
> 3 c bread flour
> 2 T dry milk
> 1 t yeast
>
> Set machine on dough cycle.
>
> When done, turn onto a floured board and cut into 8 equal pieces (I
> seem to have a problem with "equal." Maybe next time I'll weigh the
> chunks.)
>
> Shape by folding corners etc. underneath so that the top is smooth.
> If you want sesame seeds, press them into the top side of the dough
> while shaping; a teeny bit of water might be necessary to re-sticky
> the dough. Place your buns (;>) on a non-stick pan. I threw a bunch
> of cornmeal on the pan first.
>
> Raise the dough. I set it out at room temp (72F today and not humid),
> covered with a damp cloth. After an hour I moved it to a warming
> drawer for about 30 min while the oven heated to 350F.
>
> Bake for 15-20 min. They turned out lovely brown with a crust that
> softened appropriately as they cooled. The seeds stuck!
>
> I didn't have any beef so I tested one of the rolls with a piece of
> leftover chicken francese. Excellent
>

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Here's mine and they always turn out great!

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Kaiser or Brown & Serve Rolls Or Bread

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 12
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Easy

-= Ingredients =-
1 Egg
water
cups
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Sugar
4 cups A/P flour
4 tablespoons Gluten
1/2 teaspoon Quick yeast

-= Instructions =-
Beat egg in a 2 cup measure and add water to 1 1/2 cups. Mix well and
pour into ABM pan. To the pan, add salt, sugar, flour, gluten and yeast.
Put pan in machine on dough cycle. Can be set for delay. When cycle is
completed make sure it is very well risen! I let mine rise a good 4
inches above the pan almost to the ceiling of my abm. If mine isn't
risen as high as I want, I put the pan in a very warm oven until it
reaches the proper amount of rising. Punch down well! Ok, from here
you can make a very large loaf of bread or 12-13 rolls or par-bake either.
For bread I use a pan that is 13" long, 4" wide and 2 1/2" deep. For
rolls I weigh out my dough to 75-80 g per roll and shape as desired.
Let rise until more than double in size about 90 minutes. Bake at 350 F
until done, 15-20 minutes. Alternately, you can make the dough in a
mixer with a dough hook or by hand. Recipe by Helen Peagram
Brown & Serve Dinner Rolls Proceed according to directions (below) for
desired shapes. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until
almost doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes. Bake at 275°F. 20 to 25
minutes, or until rolls just start to change color. Cool in pans or on
sheets 20 minutes. Remove from pans or sheets and finish cooling on wire
racks. Wraptightly in plastic bags and refrigerate up to 1 week. Just
before serving, place rolls on un-greased baking sheet. Bake at 400F. 10
to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. If desired, brush with melted
Margarine. Bowknots: Roll each piece to a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut
into 12 (1-inch) strips. Tie strips into knots, leaving a loose loop
in center. Place on greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Curlicues: Roll each piece to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into
12(1-inch) strips. Hold one end of each strip firmly and wind dough
loosely to form coil; tuck end firmly underneath. Place on greased baking
sheets about 2 inches apart. Muffin Rolls: Divide each piece into 12
equal pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth round ball. Place in large
greased muffin cups (2½ x 1¼-inches). MM by Helen Peagram

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Curly Sue wrote:
> This is the order I put the ingredients in the machine:
>
> 1 egg + water to 1 cup
> 2 T oil
> 1 t lemon juice
> 1 t salt
> 2 T sugar
> (yes, the whites started to curdle with the salt & acid, but no harm)
>
> 3 c bread flour
> 2 T dry milk
> 1 t yeast
>
> Set machine on dough cycle.
>
> When done, turn onto a floured board and cut into 8 equal pieces (I
> seem to have a problem with "equal." Maybe next time I'll weigh the
> chunks.)

I can never get things equal in weight. I've weighed the chunks but that's
just too pesky, I'm not baking for the moon king so I'll take my uneven buns
happily!

Did you use regular or bread machine yeast?

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 04:13:46 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:

<snip>
>> When done, turn onto a floured board and cut into 8 equal pieces (I
>> seem to have a problem with "equal." Maybe next time I'll weigh the
>> chunks.)
>>

>I can never get things equal in weight. I've weighed the chunks but that's
>just too pesky, I'm not baking for the moon king so I'll take my uneven buns
>happily!

I can accept some variation, but one was way too big and some were too
small.

>Did you use regular or bread machine yeast?

Bread machine yeast.
Sue(tm)

Hamburger buns pintlar@node1 Baking 4 04-07-2017 02:23 PM
Do you have a good recipe for Hamburger Buns? Pico Rico[_2_] General Cooking 24 20-11-2011 11:54 PM
hamburger buns get hard Danny Kewl Preserving 31 17-02-2005 08:55 AM
Hamburger Buns Johnson (Cayman Designs) Recipes (moderated) 0 26-05-2004 02:51 PM
"Healthy" Sourdough Hamburger or Hotdog Buns Crombie Sourdough 3 03-03-2004 04:57 AM