Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com is offline

Default If not Calphalon, how about Circulon?

In rec.food.cooking, zxcvbob > wrote:

> I like my anodized Calphalon. I have one or two piece that I bought
> cheap, and I never put them in the dishwasher. Other than that, I think
> they are nearly indestructible and I like the way they cook. I would
> never buy a set of them -- buy open-stock when a piece is discontinued
> or something.

I agree completely. I've got several pieces of anodized Calphalon that I
got cheap (like $20 each) on Amazon, because they were discontinued. They
cook well. They can be heated as much as necessary on the stovetop, and
they can go into the oven. They use stainless steel handles, and due to
the poor heat conduction of stainless, the handles stay cool. I think of
them as "honest" cookware - they are very simple, and the design and
materials are what make them work. They are just machined aluminum and
riveted-on stainless. Nothing fancy, nothing high tech, just simple,
honest industrial design.

I like them.

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow